• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bowflex?

Hawk

My problem with bowflex is bowflex math. Their 300 lbs of resistance is more like 250 (and I'm probably giving them a few pounds).

If you're lazy by nature, I say get a cheaper knock-off. It'll sit there not getting used, but at a fraction of the cost.

Don't get one! I had one for years and years and used it a few times a week. Eventually the rubber bars will bend (imagine that) and you'll have to replace them or get new weights, either route very expensive! It is a good idea and give unique upper body workouts, but consistent strain on the bars eventually does them in and I never got any replaced for free so I am not sure they offer a warranty.

If you want to bulk up nicely, eat a bunch of poo and lift dumbells and get a pull up stand. Only two things you need. 2-3 months bulk up and the next month ween into a diet and run. I was ripped doing this for about a year and then I pretty much got lazy and fat.

I know this might set me up for a comment or two but I know quite a few "ripped" guys. I only know one that has a home gym set up that is actually in use. Don't waste the money Hawk. Not because it is a bad product, but because you will have it for sale on craigslist in 6 months due to lack of use. Nothing against you but it is the nature of the beast as many have already said you have to get out of the house.

If you want something to do at home, commit 100% and buy P90x. Hell, you can even buy that cheap off craigslist.

Don't get one! I had one for years and years and used it a few times a week. Eventually the rubber bars will bend (imagine that) and you'll have to replace them or get new weights, either route very expensive! It is a good idea and give unique upper body workouts, but consistent strain on the bars eventually does them in and I never got any replaced for free so I am not sure they offer a warranty.

If you want to bulk up nicely, eat a bunch of poo and lift dumbells and get a pull up stand. Only two things you need. 2-3 months bulk up and the next month ween into a diet and run. I was ripped doing this for about a year and then I pretty much got lazy and fat.

That's why you don't leave the cables on the bars.

If you want to bulk-up, remember bow-flex is just an auxillary machine - light workouts on the weekends, maybe.

That's why you don't leave the cables on the bars.

If you want to bulk-up, remember bow-flex is just an auxillary machine - light workouts on the weekends, maybe.

Cables were left on the bars I'll admit, but rarely, maybe 4 or 5 times I can think of overnight, I mean if you forget a few tiems is that worth all that money? Also, it just goes to prove, eventually they will wear even if you don't leave them on just from excessive use, it has a lifetime, iron doesn't.

Also, P90x WORKS. I have done that as well. It gets quite hard so you have to commit. I still say pushups, situps, pullups upside down, iron. Cheap and easiest. Or P90X, but I prefer yoga and then to the ^.

Archived