• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton to have "private meeting" with J.R.

Catalyst

Oh really well then why do all the media continue to compare him to Russel, Vick and VY when he is nothing like them. He reminds me of a faster Big Ben as far as on the field but Newton is just one of a kind. I don't think there has every been a QB who you could compare him to without one of those little revisions. I think it has more to do with being a dual-threat QB in college then about purely race but I do believe it has something to do with the comparisons.

Simple...dual threat, overhyped QB.

Vick, failure as a QB till he went to jail. Had serious question marks coming out and they came true.

VY, dual threat, had issues, failure in the NFL due to his true character issues, not because of talent.

J Russell, Same as those above, red flags coming out and has failed.

Cam is just like them. Now you want to know the real difference? Those above at least performed for more than one year at a D1 school. Cam is even WORSE than above. One hit wonder, And MANY more red flags. No way in friggin hell I touch him.

Now to end this race bull poo, Did doug williams have these issues coming out? No. Randall cunningham? No. Warren Moon? No. Charlie Batch etc? No.

Not a race thing, its a human being being a POS and not worth that high of a pick thing.

Is there any way possible we can have an engaging Cam Newton discussion without bringing up his race? Honestly, I don't want to open another Cam thread...ever.

Is there any way to consolidate Cam threads period? I know as a PANTHER fan I am sick of them. Many more things to talk about, over 300 more draft pick potential at the combine, Coaching, systems, CBA, Potential FA's....

Model team mates steal from other players lockers? did you miss him ducking that question of him stealing from 4 other players lockers?

Look lets bottom line this, you nut huggers are nothing but madden players that have never coached so I really try to be patient with you guys, but this is now beyond old. This kid is a flash in the pan and nothing more. Every year there is at least one. This kid is NOT the next greatest thing and some team (and I pray its not Carolina or Buffalo) is going to lose a ton of time and money on this kid.

You cant change a mans' true character, you just can't. Read the Scorpion and the turtle story, Cam is what he is and spread throughout his history his true character shows and I don't want him on either of my two teams.

People who disagree with you? Everybody who actually knows him.

People who agree with you? People who have not spent five minutes with the kid.

NFL front offices think he can be great too. Are you "trying to be patient" with them too?? :rofl:

They may not coach but they get paid six figures and their jobs are on the line. You think they don't know what they are doing??

NFL front offices think he can be great too. Are you "being patient" with them too?? :rofl:

They may not coach but they get paid six figures and their jobs are on the line. You think they don't know what they are doing??

Bingo. Its either 1st hand accounts over the last 2 years or based on speculation and Media articles from 3 years ago.

Is there any way to consolidate Cam threads period? I know as a PANTHER fan I am sick of them. Many more things to talk about, over 300 more draft pick potential at the combine, Coaching, systems, CBA, Potential FA's....

:iamwithstupid: :p :p j/k

Start a different thread about any of the 300 kids. You don't have to open Cam threads.

NFL front offices think he can be great too. Are you "trying to be patient" with them too?? :rofl:

People who disagree with me are nuthuggers that dont' know him like you, media that needs this darling or they dont get coverage they need, the NFL because every year they need that media darling, people wanting money from him and family.

Those that agree, those that look at fact.

Their jobs are on the line? Who got fired for drafting Ryan leaf? No one. Akili Smith? None. and on and on and on. Their jobs aren't on the line.

Not about race-about character and attitude. If it were about race, I would hate 70% of the team. I compared CN to Brian Bozworth and Ryan Leaf too. It is not even about QB to me.

If people think that was the real Cam Newton up there then I have oceeanfront property in Tennessee for sale.

About the visit with JR--He has met with potential picks in the past. He is taking more of a "hands on" approach this year. Because it is with hype-master Newton, it is a story.

This is the time of year when news is minimal so writers find the pockets of interest and exploit them.

You said what Mallett should have done if falsely accused of doing coke. Well, I heard a reporter ask Cam about 4 counts of academic cheating, possession of a stolen computer, and stealing from teammates' lockers. His response?

Put Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Warren Moon, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, etc. beside Cam on the podium and I doubt "intelligent" is the adjective that comes to mind about Cam Newton. He read a prepared statement. He referred to notes. He was obviously coached on what to say. In fact, he had slips that people did not comment on--yet.

If the Panthers sign Newton, which I would call a longshot or an act of desperation and proof that JR has gone off the deep end, then I will support him. But he is not (arguably) the best QB in a weak group.

Glad there are still a few sane people on the Huddle. To me (and many other reporters), Cam's PREPARED statement sounded arrogant and dodgy. I see in no way how it was so more cool and collected over Mallet's. Granted, Mallet's interview was purely awful. But Cam didn't really do much beside spit out exactly what he was coached to say.

The hype train has clearly arrived. I completely agree that if chosen (by ANY team in the top 10 or top 15), it's a longshot. It's a huge hope that he can transition to something he's never encountered before regarding both a pro style offense and the problems of teams that disguise blitzes.

If the Panthers select him, of course I hope he proves me and many many others wrong. But I don't see it that way.

What really worries me is that he got into all of this trouble while basically a relatively unknown in college. Give him millions upon millions and it doesn't exactly set him up to be conservative and cool. It will bloat his ego and make him a risk-taker off the field.

No thanks. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Cam shouldn't be in Carolina.

People who disagree with me are nuthuggers that dont' know him like you, media that needs this darling or they dont get coverage they need, the NFL because every year they need that media darling, people wanting money from him and family.

Those that agree, those that look at fact.

Their jobs are on the line? Who got fired for drafting Ryan leaf? No one. Akili Smith? None. and on and on and on. Their jobs aren't on the line.

Ok this guy has to be a troll.

Look at me anyone that disagrees with me is an idiot. Look at me.

Archived