• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Maycock suggests we take a QB

teeray

I'm sorry, your mother didn't teach you to read. I said ROOKIE YEAR, that you claimed he showed leadership and clutch ability. Still waiting...........

Because the stats you showed is from his 2nd year. Look it up, either you can NOT read or you're lying. Which is it?

Yeah when you go to ESPN 2009 game log they put 2010 summary at the top.

Whatever the point is still the same. He stunk overall but had some great games. So that people could at least say he looks like he has potential. Like I said his very first start was almost 300 yards and a win. He went 9-7 into the playoffs.

Sanchez is a winner. Clausen is a loser who's NFL time is rapidly fading away.

I can't wait until we get through next year and can stop making excuses for clausen. This is the NFL not a developmental league.

Except when he single handedly crushed new England to go to the AFC championship game a few weeks ago?

We would be creaming over this guy if he were here

Um, yeah, I guess you missed the defense that was constantly knocking Brady on his ass and completely killing the sync of the Patriots offense.

He played well that game but I don't know where you get "single handedly" from.

Um, yeah, I guess you missed the defense that was constantly knocking Brady on his ass and completely killing the sync of the Patriots offense.

He played well that game but I don't know where you get "single handedly" from.

Well they didn't allow him to play defense, but he would have dominated on that side of the ball as well.

Well they didn't allow him to play defense, but he would have dominated on that side of the ball as well.

My point was the defense carried the team that game. Sanchez wouldn't win the shootout if the defense would have fell flat. Sanchez has been spotty. His accuracy can be really bad, or average at best. He's a weak link in that team.

Yeah when you go to ESPN 2009 game log they put 2010 summary at the top.

Whatever the point is still the same. He stunk overall but had some great games. So that people could at least say he looks like he has potential. Like I said his very first start was almost 300 yards and a win. He went 9-7 into the playoffs.

Sanchez is a winner. Clausen is a loser who's NFL time is rapidly fading away.

I can't wait until we get through next year and can stop making excuses for clausen. This is the NFL not a developmental league.

You said he stunk overall his rookie year, but gave him another chance to makeup for it his 2nd year. How about you do the same for Jimmy, or any draft pick? Nobody would have looked liked they had potential behind the worst team in the league last year playing QB.

It's not the developmental league, but it's not a league we're you max out your 1st year into it...........

Instead of arguing the facts, you just exposed yourself to be a Clausen hater.

Whether it be FA or the draft, most of us can agree we 100% will be addressing the QB situation. So I don't really get why many are then so quick to shut down every legitimate scenario at #1. Gabbert and Newton are both strong possibilities for us with the top pick (Gabbert moreso). People's dislike for their play, character or whatever seems to constantly overshadow the fact that it is our most important need and it also happens to be the position you can build a franchise around. Choosing a QB is telling your fans, the NFL, and yourselves that: "This is our future, this is our guy, this is our franchise, he better rock"

If Gabbert interviews great and bonds well with our coaching staff a decent chunk of this board is gonna be piiisssssed. He is pretty much the consensus 1 QB this year, that is our biggest need. period.

So essentially, people need to stop developing such detailed expectations concerning one of the most difficult drafts (prediction wise) to come around in a while. Why convince yourselves that we won't take certain players in such an unpredictable draft? There are like 6 players we can potentially take a number one and I'm not cutting any of them out of the equation.

We can pick whoever and I will fully support whatever Rivera & Hurney decide upon whether it be Peterson, Green, Gabbert, etc.

We were the dead last...32nd...DEAD LAST!!! offensively in virtually every category last year. We need a QB first and foremost and I'd rather risk another young guy with a ton of upside rather than some old veteran that will barely breathe any life into this franchise.

Well, that's just like my opinion.

Whether it be FA or the draft, most of us can agree we 100% will be addressing the QB situation. So I don't really get why many are then so quick to shut down every legitimate scenario at #1. Gabbert and Newton are both strong possibilities for us with the top pick (Gabbert moreso). People's dislike for their play, character or whatever seems to constantly overshadow the fact that it is our most important need and it also happens to be the position you can build a franchise around. Choosing a QB is telling your fans, the NFL, and yourselves that: "This is our future, this is our guy, this is our franchise, he better rock"

If Gabbert interviews great and bonds well with our coaching staff a decent chunk of this board is gonna be piiisssssed. He is pretty much the consensus 1 QB this year, that is our biggest need. period.

So essentially, people need to stop developing such detailed expectations concerning one of the most difficult drafts (prediction wise) to come around in a while. Why convince yourselves that we won't take certain players in such an unpredictable draft? There are like 6 players we can potentially take a number one and I'm not cutting any of them out of the equation.

We can pick whoever and I will fully support whatever Rivera & Hurney decide upon whether it be Peterson, Green, Gabbert, etc.

We were the dead last...32nd...DEAD LAST!!! offensively in virtually every category last year. We need a QB first and foremost and I'd rather risk another young guy with a ton of upside rather than some old veteran that will barely breathe any life into this franchise.

Well, that's just like my opinion.

I respect that opinion and agree QB is a need, but we just drafted 1 last year. If Gabbert or Newton are drafted, and God-forbid it be Gabbert, and they both play awful, should we just continue to draft QB's every year until a rookie QB shows some good play? No...

Clausen was drafted in the 2nd round, let's give him atleast 2 years to make his case. Gabbert played in a conference that does not play defense, and he only threw 16 td's, that's a major red flag. And just because he is the consensus #1 QB does not mean we should take him because that is our need. QB is not a position of strength in this years draft and they're not as good as previous drafts, no QB is worthy of the #1 overall this year.

I respect that opinion and agree QB is a need, but we just drafted 1 last year. If Gabbert or Newton are drafted, and God-forbid it be Gabbert, and they both play awful, should we just continue to draft QB's every year until a rookie QB shows some good play? No...

Clausen was drafted in the 2nd round, let's give him atleast 2 years to make his case. Gabbert played in a conference that does not play defense, and he only threw 16 td's, that's a major red flag. And just because he is the consensus #1 QB does not mean we should take him because that is our need. QB is not a position of strength in this years draft and they're not as good as previous drafts, no QB is worthy of the #1 overall this year.

Understandable. I'm, just trying to keep an open mind. My top choices are Peterson & Dareus

That may sound great to some of us. But Rivera would like to coach here for a while. And he knows sitting around waiting for the light to come on for Clausen will be career suicide (at least as Panther's coach). He has 3 years. He will want to sink or swim with a QB of his choosing.

That QB might be Clausen, who knows. But I also would prepared for the possibility that one of these two QB's might be our selection at #1.

Archived