• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, who's side are you on now?

Skew

Smith didn’t directly dispute the numbers Eagles president Joe Banner gave out Wednesday. Instead, he focused on the percentage players would get in a new deal.

According to Smith, the players would only get 44% of all revenue initially in the NFL’s offer. He says that once you got to year six of the next deal, it would be down to 40%.

Agree or not the owners offer wasn't legitimate if this is true. Which leads me to believe that while the players were resigned to go to trial, the owners weren't going to do anything to stop it.

Owners...players are employees...if you don't like what the employer is offering take your services elsewhere...UFL or CFL anyone?

Having said that, if the players want to really press the issue, let all the "big dogs" in the league unite to sign offers with these other leagues...boom! The NFL CBA deal would be done within a week!

Saw on the news this morning that Goodell sent out a letter to every player in the NFL....

Goodell ended the letter by telling players: "I hope you will encourage your union to return to the bargaining table and conclude a new collective bargaining agreement."

"I've told my guys to take the letter and set it on fire. We're not that stupid," said Seattle Seahawks guard Chester Pitts, whose reaction was relayed by NFLPA assistant executive director George Atallah.

Titans linebacker Will Witherspoon called it "very distasteful" for Goodell to send out such a letter.

"If we were in court, I would compare to a lawyer trying to lead a witness," Witherspoon texted the AP on Thursday night. "I duly object to the fact he has highlighted his highpoints but not given them any ground to stand on!"

Saw on the news this morning that Goodell sent out a letter to every player in the NFL....

Wow. Sounds like those asshats need to find another line of work. If you're making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, and are essentially telling your upper management to fug themselves when they are trying to work out a compromise to keep the business profitable, you don't deserve the 6 (or 7) digits you're getting.

I have and always will side with the owners. Almost everything the players complain about happens all the time in America but the difference is most (and I mean almost all) Americans don't make 250k min.

Think about all the guys that work out of those crab boats when every time they go out they might not make it back. You know why they do it? Because they get paid out the a$# for it. Football players get paid out the a%$ to play a sport that about the worst that can happen is an injury (of course on extremely rare occasions neck injuries) and maybe when your in your 50's or 60's dementia.

Guess what it happens all the time in the world that your job might end up causing health problems (I know crawling around in crawspaces with mold everywhere was not good for me and I was making $15 an hour). And almost every job (not at a desk) has risk of injury. And in what freaking company do the top owners or CEO's (at least when were talking about large companies) split the revenue (and thats revenue not profit) 60% or even 50%.

Sorry they should fill ecstatic with 30% of a 9 billion dollar pie.

You "All hail the owners!" guys and your reasons for feeling the way you do are a trip. It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetically sad.

Please show me these "All hail the owners!" posters you are talking about. You can use the quote button to quote their "All hail the owners!" remarks to show us.

I'm serious. Because I only see people putting less blame on the owners than the players for the most part. So I am very interested to see those who feel this is all the players fault and don't blame the owners at all.

thx

Archived