• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFLPA realizes they fugged up with draft boycott "order"

teeray

"The players may be in New York but I can’t see how they can be on TV and give a big hug to a person that is partly responsible for not letting them play." -Drew Rosenhaus

How can the rookies walk across the stage and hug the other man that's responsible for not letting them play as well?

How can the rookies walk across the stage and hug the other man that's responsible for not letting them play as well?

Got to suck for the rookies the most. They stand to make millions and that's not enough according to the former union.

I'm not happy about the NFLPA on this. I hope the players go to NY and participate in the regular draft. They work so hard to get there and it happens once and for the NFLPA to strip them of this moment is just a petty PR move that will probably hurt them in the long run. And moving it down the street is like (South Park Reference) expecting Elton John and getting Jimmy Buffett instead.

Yup, first the NFL has done a good job of getting the word out that the players "walked away" from a good offer and now this.

I have thought for a long time that DeMaurice Smith is in WAY over his head... nothing he's done recently has changed that.

The last blow to the union was getting Union Friendly Judge Dorty out. Now they have no help.

I thought the idea was stupid to begin with.

Lots of guys have fond memories of being in New York, having their name called, getting to walk across the podium and all.

At some point, this crap is going to be over, and when that happens, what good will it have done to deprive these kids of their "moment"?

Five years from now, who's going to give a crap, except these guys who'll get to watch everyone else that gets drafted after them and know that they didn't get that chance to be in front of everyone?

It's a dumb idea, and a selfish one.

This is probably one of the reasons why they're "rethinking"

Patrick Peterson wants to go to New York

The NFLPA* reportedly has recommended that incoming rookies not attend the NFL Draft.

It’s a concept that doesn’t appear too popular with NFL fans. Or one top-ranked rookie.

“I heard about that. No one has contacted me to go to New York or not go to New York. I would like to go if possible. That’s what you play football for,” LSU cornerback Peterson told Aaron Wilson of NFP via NFLLabor.com.

“That’s a big moment to go up there and shake the commissioner’s hand and get that jersey and hat. It means a lot. I definitely want to go and no one has told me not to go. So, we’ll see what happens.”

I doubt he's the only guy to say something like this.

Their new take is to try and organize an alternate event (link).

Wouldn't bet on that working either, for the same reason.

Archived