• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mortensen: If there is no new CBA teams cannot trade future draft picks

teeray

wait, so does this mean that the current draft picks will be under the rules of the current(or previous) CBA? I REALLY hope that's not the case because if it is we're about to give a fuging rookie the biggest contract in the NFL. wow.

If indeed you cannot trade future picks, along with not being able to trade players, it's looking like a move down of more than just a couple of spots will be impossible.

That is, unless we settle for far less than is typical.

Like having a Cam...behind a horrible O Line. I promise he will do nothing.

-Jim Trotter/Sports Illustrated

He just tweeted that at me. Guess Mort is correct, wowzerz.

ehh. Not sure about that. I guess it wouldn't be the first time a GM was wrong.

I wonder if he means "it's extremely unlikely" as opposed to "impossible."

You think our O line is solid? Bernadeau?

We need solid depth. What do we do if Kalil goes down? Remember Bernadeau in the preseason in the shotgun? The QB started to fair catch a few of those snaps.

I like Schwartz and Robinson battling it out for the RG job. We have no tackle depth. We need a player who can play LT in a pinch, RG or RT on a high level. I also think a G/C to play behind Wharton/Kalil is not a bad idea.

Gross and Wharton are over 30, Otah is injured too much. We need to research the later rounds for depth. THe Oklahoma OT Mensik (sp?), Willie Smith LOT from ECU, Carpenter (Bama), Hairston (Clemson), Orlando Franklin (Miami), Pinkston (Pittsburgh) would be competition at RG and depth at T. Some are converting from other postitions so they are works in progress, but they could be very good. I would have no problem drafting 3 OL at the end of the draft. Our depth is that poor. Some line Bernadeau, I say cut him, Williams sucked, and the rest were barely scrubs. Time to get some comp for the starters. Gross and Wharton have huge contracts. If they can be beaten out, we get younger and cheaper. Probably won't happen, def not this year, but plan for the future MARTY!!!

Know that Steve and Moose are getting old. Know that Jake D was coming off surgery and was 35, and we MIGHT need to start looking for QBs, know that Hayden and Neblett should NEVER be your starting DTs. NEVER

Archived