• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daytona 500 Race thread

Squirrel

Wow.. bitter winner much?

I watched the replay on Nascar.com and read what Jr. stated happened.

Let's see... listening to the "in-car" on Jr's car, you can hear him lift moment to get the car straight... the turn was come'n up... and if he didn't get back on the track he'd be in the grass up and then up on the track in the turn in the pack of cars and taken more cars out.

I guess the physics of a car hurling down a track and being bumped and forced towards a spot where you'll have no control

shouldn't make be a cause for concern... but I'd cut back to the right when I got my car straight again too.

I'm sorry the hate for Jr. runs so deep because he's just that popular.. but you calling the "blind faithful" blind for their support of their driver... is the same as the you calling your hate on him when he's done nothing wrong.

And you can't compare Kyle and Jr. Kyle does his drive'n on purpose. I don't see how that "clip" shows Jr. "purposely" wrecking someone cuz he's have'n a bad day.

But Oh well... one race down. 25 to go for the chase.

He's mad that his Dad sold out, but hell my point is that they were basically shut down to the point of no return and if it wasn't for this merger then they would have been out of business.

Hell it saved some jobs in the already weak market!!!

Of course Kyle just mad he can't ride around in the back anymore, I guess!! :rolleyes:

Another chapter in in their rocky relationship .

Wow.. bitter winner much?

I watched the replay on Nascar.com and read what Jr. stated happened.

Let's see... listening to the "in-car" on Jr's car, you can hear him lift moment to get the car straight... the turn was come'n up... and if he didn't get back on the track he'd be in the grass up and then up on the track in the turn in the pack of cars and taken more cars out.

I guess the physics of a car hurling down a track and being bumped and forced towards a spot where you'll have no control

shouldn't make be a cause for concern... but I'd cut back to the right when I got my car straight again too.

I'm sorry the hate for Jr. runs so deep because he's just that popular.. but you calling the "blind faithful" blind for their support of their driver... is the same as the you calling your hate on him when he's done nothing wrong.

And you can't compare Kyle and Jr. Kyle does his drive'n on purpose. I don't see how that "clip" shows Jr. "purposely" wrecking someone cuz he's have'n a bad day.

But Oh well... one race down. 25 to go for the chase.

Bad deal all around for me, as I like to root for the native Carolina Boys since the Alabama Gang faded from the sport.

Facts - Vickers hit Jr clearly in the quarter panel when running Jr to the grass. When Jr came back up, he hit Vickers right at the point where the quarter panel meets the rear bumper.

Had he hit him on the bumper, I would have absolved Jr. of all blame, as it is Daytona, bump drafting on the straightaway is legal and if Vickers wasn't able to keep it straight after being hit it the bumper it would have been his own fault for being out of shape by trying to block. Since Jr hit him on the corner, at least some of the blame has to lie with him, but I do see some of the blame going to Vickers for not giving him room since Jr was already on his quarter panel to start. I know he felt it and there was room. With the race possibly ending on any lap from the rain, none of these guys could give and inch, literally. The subsequent wrecks caused by people being forced here and there into one another proved that to me. I also thought that the penalty issued in the Nationwide race the day before was utterly wrong for much the same reasons before the 500 even started. It's Daytona. If you put you car in front of someone else's on the straightaway, you can expect to be hit in the back, it's part of the deal for everybody.

:party::party::party:

You Negative Nancy, why can't you be a Positive Patty, touchie-feelie, glass half full kind of person that stabs everyone in the back as soon as they are not looking like everyone else? Public negativity? Shame on you! There ought to be a law (and there probably will be soon). [/sarc]

I must admit my first response to that wreck was BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH as soon as I saw the damage to Kyle's car.

That and wanting to bitch slap Larry Mac. Of course, I've wanted to do that since back in the early 90s when he was a crew chief for Davey Allison. We had scanners in those days and we nicknamed him "Mother" because of his tone and repetitive reminders about stuff that even I as a fan knew that the driver already knew. On a pit stop he would repeat the same things at the start finish, turn 1-2, the backstretch, turn 3-4 and then again as soon as Davey came on to pit road. Damn near drove me crazy and I wasn't even the one he was talking to. I was really surprised that Big E didn't kill him outright when they worked together. Don't get me wrong, I respect his knowledge and analysis and he is a home boy for me. I'd still take him over anybody at ESPN. That voice just gets to me sometimes.

As I've said before, I hate the yellow line. They had the opportunity to fix the problem when they repaved Talladega by radius-ing (is that a word?) the transition from the banking to the flat but they didn't. My feeling is, if it's paved, you should be allowed to race on it. They could do it when they repave Daytona, but they probably won't.

He's mad that his Dad sold out, but hell my point is that they were basically shut down to the point of no return and if it wasn't for this merger then they would have been out of business.

Hell it saved some jobs in the already weak market!!!

Of course Kyle just mad he can't ride around in the back anymore, I guess!! :rolleyes:

WOW. That's the stupidest poo I have heard yet. :rolleyes:

Uh no. Petty isn't my last name nor have I worked my entire life to be a part of, help, drive for and run a company and a legacy that is now basically GONE from my family. It was handled shitty and if I were him I would be upset as well. Petty is the biggest name in Nascar and now the legacy is gone from the family. It's all they know, it's all they've ever done. It has to be painful.

Uh no. Petty isn't my last name nor have I worked my entire life to be a part of, help, drive for and run a company and a legacy that is now basically GONE from my family. It was handled sh*tty and if I were him I would be upset as well. Petty is the biggest name in Nascar and now the legacy is gone from the family. It's all they know, it's all they've ever done. It has to be painful.

Yeah well I see your point but you have got to understand Kyle a strange bird to some degree. I mean I have heard stories to where his crew was trying to pump him up to race hard and he was like I am out on a Sunday Cruise, Boys! That's when they were trying to get someone in the car that wanted to drive and I think from there it got heated.

However point blank is this: Petty Ent was no more -- They literally shut the doors to place & laid everyone off.

This was a last ditch effort to save the Petty name in NASCAR.

Also granted things would have been a lot different if Adam was still alive.

Yeah well I see your point but you have got to understand Kyle a strange bird to some degree. I mean I have heard stories to where his crew was trying to pump him up to race hard and he was like I am out on a Sunday Cruise, Boys! That's when they were trying to get someone in the car that wanted to drive and I think from there it got heated.

However point blank is this: Petty Ent was no more -- They literally shut the doors to place & laid everyone off.

This was a last ditch effort to save the Petty name in NASCAR.

Also granted things would have been a lot different if Adam was still alive.

Ya, it saves the Petty name in Nascar, that's IT...doesn't change how as a member of the family and having had worked your entire life in, around and for it and its legacy for it to get handled the way it did. That's all he knows, all he has had.

Archived