• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More Fun Cam Newton Stuff

fjblair

That is 100% false.

To your completion % complain, accuracy is more than just completion % it's more about ball placement and Cam's isn't good.

If Cam is as bad as you would like to think, why is he so highly-touted? I'm really interested in what tune you Cam haters will be singing once we pick him.

If Cam is as bad as you would like to think, why is he so highly-touted? I'm really interested in what tune you Cam haters will be singing once we pick him.

Realistically, "highly touted" doesn't really tell you anything.

Every major bust from Tim Couch to JaMarcus Russell and more was "highly touted".

As far as what happens if we pick him, same thing as any other pick I've disagreed with. Sign on and hope they were right and I was wrong.

That is 100% false.

To your completion % complain, accuracy is more than just completion % it's more about ball placement and Cam's isn't good.

Well if he's so damn inaccurate and can't read defenses, then why didn't he throw a lot more INT's, even though his yds per completion average clearly shows that he wasn't just throwing short safe passes all the time?

It's his ceiling, athleticism, and potential.

I will be disappointed but I will hope he's better than I think.

Well if he's so damn inaccurate and can't read defenses, then why didn't he throw a lot more INT's, even though his yds per completion average clearly shows that he wasn't just throwing short safe passes all the time?

Not saying whether he was inaccurate or not, but when you are throwing to a WR behind the entire defense you won't throw a lot of INTs.

You are right because throwing a swing and having the receiver run for 9 yards is a very accurate representation of his accuracy :rolleyes:

You are right because throwing a swing and having the receiver run for 9 yards is a very accurate representation of his accuracy :rolleyes:

See, you're lying when you say you have watched him play, because he threw plenty of passes down the field, and quite a few of them had pretty tight coverage, but you can't stop talking about swing passes to wide open WR's.

And you're accusing Newton of being a fake?:rolleyes:

See, you're lying when you say you have watched him play, because he threw plenty of passes down the field, and quite a few of them had pretty tight coverage, but you can't stop talking about swing passes to wide open WR's.

You're wasting your time monstercat. You can throw all the facts in the book at this argument, they are just going to be ignored or modified to suit the argument.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2904056&postcount=451

Play by play

8 swing passes in the first 10 drives of the game.

That's insane. 7 of those were completions. Considering he had 20 for the game, you are happy with 35% of his completions behind the line of scrimmage?

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2904056&postcount=451

Play by play

8 swing passes in the first 10 drives of the game.

That's insane. 7 of those were completions. Considering he had 20 for the game, you are happy with 35% of his completions behind the line of scrimmage?

That was one game against a defense that had over a month to prepare for Auburns' offense.

Aside from that one game, how many other of his games did you actually watch? And don't lie.

funny how no one throws Luck under the bus for throwing to wide open WRS during the Va Tech game. dudes it happens even in the nfl ask BSP.

He can do no right in their eyes. I thought that was the point, don't throw into coverage find the open guy and coach has to design play to get reciever open. I don't know I haven't played it in a while.:confused:

That was one game against a defense that had over a month to prepare for Auburns' offense.

Aside from that one game, how many other of his games did you actually watch? And don't lie.

That is the only game I broke down so in depth because I knew everyone in the country would have access and it could be debated.

Their offense was very similar all year and considering Oregon was probably the best defense they faced, it would show more what his game would be like at the next level.

Note: Those numbers don't include swing passes thrown after the first 10 drives so it could be a lot higher than 35%.

I would say I've watched 7-8 complete games of his, which I would venture to guess is more than the majority of people here, even Cam fans.

You tried to discredit my argument and you lost. His YPC is largely inflated but no one wants to recognize that. This is what you guys miss. You need to go beyond the stat sheet to understand our concerns.

Archived