• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

300,000 miles old

g5jamz

Nice...I have a 99 Toyota Camry that we bought new and passed down to my son that has 220K on it and is still in great shape. Had it in the shop for a noisy water pump about a month ago and I mentioned to the mechanic that my son would be heading to college this year and I was worried about the mileage. He said that the car had at least another 100K to go and I should feel safer with him using that then if I bought him a "new" $15K car. 220K and never uses a drop of oil.

Timing belt/water pump change about every 100,000 and you're good to go.

A/C isn't working great...but for not having a car payment for me for going on a decade I think forking over 400-500 maybe once every year or two isn't bad.

I know everyone loves their hondas and toyotas. what do you guys know/feel about Nissans..i know they are another japanese brand. I drive an '03 nissan xterra, with a manual trans..its got 105k...with regular maintenience of course, could i be headed towards getting 200k out of this bad boy?

Archived