• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gus Malzahn blasts Nawrocki (PFW)'s account of Newton

blackcatgrowl

Gus Malzahn is the Offensive Coordinator of the Auburn Tigers, and helped coach Newton to his undefeated BCS winning, Heisman Trophy season.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6280099

It's absurd. I mean, he's a great kid. You know, when I was recruiting him, there was stuff in the past, and he was... he's a young kid. He's a freshman like everybody else. He admitted he made some mistakes, but he matured, and I'm just telling you by the time we got him, I mean he is a mature young man, he's very trustworthy, I mean, he was a joy to coach. You know what he did on the field. You see his talent and all that, but off the field, he's even a better person.

When asked why he thinks PFW would publish something like this, and why there is SO much negativity on Newton (paraphrasing some), he responded:

You know, that's a great question. Because if you really knew Cam Newton as a person, he's one of those positive people that the world needs more of. He's always got a a smile on his face, he comes to practice every day prepared, he works his tail off, on the field he performs. He's just one of those unique people. I don't know that college football has ever seen anything like him. I think that cause of his uniqueness, people try to find out that something's wrong, there must be something to it. But physically, I don't know if there's ever been anyone in college football like him, and off the field he's got the personality that attracts people.

He's just a positive person, I think the world of Cam Newton, he's going to be very successful at the next level in my opinion.

I'll take one of Newton's former coaches who won a championship with him over some jackass sports writer as to his character any day.

Trying to be objective here and stay neutral, but why would you trust one of his former coaches over a writer? One is obviously biased, and the other is not.

Not agreeing with one or the other but when I'm looking for an opinion on a player the LAST place I look for is an opinion by a former coach/teammate/whatever.

Yes Mr. Scot... a former coach, who has nothing to gain for talking Newton up, defended him.

Seriously? :sosp:

In other news, Mike Vick's brother, Marcus Vick, thinks Michael is an upstanding citizen and those dogs deserved it!

Pretty much.

Shocking :rolleyes:

And a completely objective, unbiased opinion I'm sure.

Well at least we know exactly where this is coming from. Can you name the source who told Nawrocki that Cam had a fake smile? Did he come up with that on his own, without even knowing the kid?

And a completely objective, unbiased opinion I'm sure.

Let me frame this correctly...

His opinion is VASTLY more informed than Nawrocki's.

His bias is limited, because he doesn't coach him any more.

If you talk to anyone who's worked with Cam at Auburn, they all mirror Malzahn's opinion.

Again, he had NOTHING to gain by talking Newton up. In fact, his reputation is on the line by defending him to a degree. It would have been easier for him not to say anything at all.

alright so I guess Armanti/Clausen were amazing picks because Hurney thinks they were. I mean, he's obviously been around them and knows more than we do and isn't biased at all because he chose them. right? :rolleyes:

alright so I guess Armanti/Clausen were amazing picks because Hurney thinks they were. I mean, he's obviously been around them and knows more than we do and isn't biased at all because he chose them. right? :rolleyes:

The thought process that led you to type what you just did here is so full of holes, I'm not even going to try and argue it with you. Any logic would drain right out onto the floor and be wasted.

Archived