• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gus Malzahn blasts Nawrocki (PFW)'s account of Newton

blackcatgrowl

alright so I guess Armanti/Clausen were amazing picks because Hurney thinks they were. I mean, he's obviously been around them and knows more than we do and isn't biased at all because he chose them. right? :rolleyes:

WTH does that have to do with...anything?

Do you believe Warren Moon is a liar when he says that Newton is a good kid and that people gravitate towards him? Why would he, and all the people around Newton want to put their reputations on the line based on a lie?

If a former coach blasted his former player that was on a national championship winning team with him, how many star recruits do you think he'll get in the future?

How many guys will want to play for that coach after that betrayal?

Still think he has nothing to lose by saying bad things about Newton?

Derp Derp Derp

Trying to be objective here and stay neutral, but why would you trust one of his former coaches over a writer? One is obviously biased, and the other is not.

Not agreeing with one or the other but when I'm looking for an opinion on a player the LAST place I look for is an opinion by a former coach/teammate/whatever.

so you would hold the opinion of someone who has never even spoken to newton in higher regard than someone who knows newton personally and has spent quite a bit of time with the guy?!?

nawrocki has admitted he's never even spoken with cam...he lost all credibility as soon as he admitted that...you can't talk about someone personally if you don't know them!

If a former coach blasted his former player that was on a national championship winning team with him, how many star recruits do you think he'll get in the future?

Derp Derp Derp

Well, he could have just kept his mouth shut instead of going out of his way to defend Cam...Warren Moon could have done the same. It's pretty clear that they are passionate about this though, and at least they have the guts to attach their names to the statements, unlike Nawrocki's "sources".

Derp Derp Derp

What part of "It would have been easier for him to not say anything at all", do you not comprehend?

If he sincerely didn't feel that way about Newton, he DAMN sure wouldn't have gotten on ESPN and announced it to the fuging world.

Derp yourself chumpmaster.

so does this mean we should stick with Jimmy Clausen? I mean, man, Charlie Weiss gave the guy one hell of an endorsement and really said some great things about him. Maybe we don't need a QB after all if past coaches know so much about a guy.

I was waiting for one of Newton's coaches to speak up. If they didn't, it would have been concerning to me. The fact they did just tells me what I already knew: There is no easy answer here and no crystal ball to figuring out Cam Newton.

That being said, is it really that surprising that Newton would turn some people off? Even Moon has said that he is prone to "putting the cart before the horse." Some people just really don't like that. Now some of Nawrocki's comments were so specific it was strange, but the general gist of them sounds like someone who was rubbed the wrong way by someone extremely 'confident.'

Do you believe Warren Moon is a liar when he says that Newton is a good kid and that people gravitate towards him? Why would he, and all the people around Newton want to put their reputations on the line based on a lie?

Quick, name me all the people that said positive things about Russell. Don't research, just do it. Off the top of your head, how many people said he was a good dude with good work ethic in his inner circle.

How about Vick?

How about VY?

How about A Smith?

The point is no one's "reputation" is on the line because they are expected to say good things about the players they are around and the people in their circle.

If they said something negative, THAT would be news

Well, he could have just kept his mouth shut instead of going out of his way to defend Cam...Warren Moon could have done the same. It's pretty clear that they are passionate about this though, and at least they have the guts to attach their names to the statements, unlike Nawrocki's "sources".

What part of "It would have been easier for him to not say anything at all", do you not comprehend?

If he sincerely didn't feel that way about Newton, he DAMN sure wouldn't have gotten on ESPN and announced it to the fuging world.

Derp yourself chumpmaster.

I thought we took silence as agreement around here? You know damn well that if he didn't say anything, and Moon didn't say anything, people would have assumed they didn't disagree.

He literally had to say this

Lol. Didn't you guys know only people who don't know Cam know him well enough to not be objective. Duh. If a guy knows him or has spent time with him or carried him on his shoulders then clearly they have no say so in his character.

Only people who have never met him can accurately portray his character.

Therefore, Gil Brandt and Marty Hurney are just nut hugging liars trying to throw you off the Narwocki scent.

But Hurney and Brandt have actually met Newton therefore they can no longer be trusted.

Pretty simple really. :rolleyes:

Archived