• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayock Warming to Cam Newton

mav1234

Yeah, that part is not happening.

I don't see why not. To not bring in apart of the auburn offense would be foolish. No one is saying run it 15 times a game but you should see it 6-7 plays early in his career. Its a nice way to bring him along slowly and get his feet wet. I agree with the guy in the video, If they do he could see the field alot sooner than most think.

fwiw I am a magically trade back and grab P^2.

Funny about Mayock changing his tune.

Huggers folk for I told you so's.

Haters dismiss their icon as losing his mind.

Not really, he still has Newton below Gabbert. I'll say he's losing his mind when he puts Newton at his best Qb! ;)

I don't see why not. To not bring in apart of the auburn offense would be foolish. No one is saying run it 15 times a game but you should see it 6-7 plays early in his career. Its a nice way to bring him along slowly and get his feet wet. I agree with the guy in the video, If they do he could see the field alot sooner than most think.

They only hired people who were Coryell offense all stars.

I can grant that they'll have some level of adaptability, but when you look at how they built the staff, I wouldn't expect major changes.

We don't need another wildcat/gimic QB (Armanti Edwards). We need a QB that passes 1st, runs 2nd. Puting Newton in the position to get injured would be a BAD IDEA. The only offense that was successful with that was Miami (for 1 year!). After that it hasn't been effective since.Though spread option and wild cat have some differences, it's pretty much the same thing.

Besides, the option is the easiest offense for a NFL defense to defend against, considering they have been playing against it since their days in pop warner.

Mayock said he was very impressed with what teams are saying about Cam in interviews.......kinda contradicts the fake smile reports

I think Narwocki accidentally called his Alabama source instead of his Auburn source to get his info on Cam and Fairley. :lol:

Agreed especially if we can't get a McNabb/Palmer type vet...

They only hired people who were Coryell offense all stars.

I can grant that they'll have some level of adaptability, but when you look at how they built the staff, I wouldn't expect major changes.

If your drafting newton and installing a new offense it seems it would be built around him. I don't see how any coach who drafts newton won't take advantage of his unique talents. To not draw up some plays to get him on the move doesn't make sense. auburns offense would be the perfect way to get him up to nfl speed.

We don't need another wildcat/gimic QB (Armanti Edwards). We need a QB that passes 1st, runs 2nd. Puting Newton in the position to get injured would be a BAD IDEA. The only offense that was successful with that was Miami (for 1 year!). After that it hasn't been effective since.Though spread option and wild cat have some differences, it's pretty much the same thing.

Besides, the option is the easiest offense for a NFL defense to defend against, considering they have been playing against it since their days in pop warner.

Newton only ran 11% of the time when it wasn't a designed run. When i say bring some of the auburn offense i don't mean run every single down. But you have to make them think you are capable of running at any moment. to do that he is going to have to have a few designed runs.

back to the auburn offense thing, I don't mean run a gimmick offense or option wildcat,a leggit form of the spread which he ran where he fakes, the run. Auburns offense is not the wildcat lol.

Hire a bunch of guys who all know and work in one particular system, then ask them to teach a different system...

Yeah, makes perfect sense :sosp:

I could be wrong,but i'm sure when fisher drafted young they didn't run the spread option as apart of his playbook. It doesn't take a new coaching staff to run 5 or six plays out of the auburn playbook.

Archived