• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think I aged 10 years last night...

Johnny Rockets

So this morning I woke up and my son turned 18 and I can't get it out of my head and it's really f*cking with my day. It seems like yesterday he was that 6 or 7 year old boy in the Ricky Williams jersey at the Huddle tailgate which had about 10 of us back then. (Can you believe we have been tailgating together for about 12 years!)

Anyway...now he is a young man at 6' 2" that actually hurts me when we wrestle or throw jabs at one another (not that I will ever let him know that) and dunks over me when we play basketball. I am 37 years old and I didn't realize I was getting "old" until a couple of years ago but today, it sank in much more. I can only imagine how much worse it will be when he heads off to NC State in a few months.

I have always heard people say "they grow up so fast"...well to all you guys (and girls) that have these young children.....those people are not lying. It's defintely true.

I was watching my 4 year old son playing yesterday and i realized he is going to be going off to college one day. We've talked about it, hell he talks about, but the reality of it never really sunk in til yesterday. Mommy's going to miss her sweet boy :(

I was watching my 4 year old son playing yesterday and i realized he is going to be going off to college one day. We've talked about it, hell he talks about, but the reality of it never really sunk in til yesterday. Mommy's going to miss her sweet boy :(

yup...before you know it he'll be asking for the keys to the car, then off to school...it goes sooooo quick

Wow JR, how about that?

18 and off to school.

I dunno how I'm gonna deal with it.

My baby girl is 5 and reads everything now, goes to school all day and wants to wear mommy's makeup already. It freaks me out now, I can't imagine what I'm gonna be like in a few years.

But you know what, all we can do is raise 'em the best we can and give 'em the love and support they need. Can't do anything about the passage of time.

Yup, I know how you feel J Rock.

My oldest son leaves foir the Army (Airborne Infantry) next week and my 2nd Son leaves in 2 months for the same with an option to go to RASP (Ranger Assessment and Selection Program like myself and not less than 12 of my relatives).

I look at my 3 younger sons (all under 5 YO) and I'm not sure I will be able to handle this separation and emotional roller coaster again...but I will.

I have to.

I'm Dad.

Archived