• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to draft Cam Newton

venom

I'm actually close friends with Henry Thomas, the Panthers director of broadcasting and new media. He goes to my church.

In reality I've never met the man. I couldn't pick him out of a lineup, and I have no idea where - or even if - he goes to church.

But I could tell you that I know him, you can look his name up on the site and confirm that he's a real Panthers employee. Then I can attribute whatever I want to him and, unless you actually do know him, you likely couldn't prove otherwise.

The joys of internet anonymity :D

my thing is why would the panthers even move out of the top spot if they like newton enough to draft him there?

i mean obviously if you are willing to draft him at number one that means you think he can be a franchise QB...so if you think he has what it takes to be a franchise QB why would you even trade out of that spot...i mean unless a team just throws some ridiculous offer at you why would you pass on a guy you think can be that franchise QB for you

and i can't really recall in one pre-draft interview that hurney or rivera has done them talking much about possibly of trading the pick...it's always been filling the biggest need and getting the player that will have the biggest impact on the franchise

First of all those NFL teams had a heck of a time tackling and destroying The Golden Calf of Bristol in his three starts last year who is an inferior runner.

those teams had a lot of trouble tackling anyone last year

Secondly, don't you think it was amazing how he ran for those 30 TD passes??

how does one run for a TD pass?

At worst an average backup? Holy poo you have low standards for a backup

Holy poo you have high standards for a guy who has one year of NFL experience and was surrounded by sub par coaching and inexperience at the wide receiver position. I'm just saying he could end up being a backup QB...you guys get caught up in his name rather than where he was actually drafted. Kolb was a second round pick and has played less than Clausen...and he has been in the league for what three years?

Why did you bring The Golden Calf of Bristol into this? He's another guy that's going down the drain. He has one good game and all of a sudden he's a hall of famer but when he throws 30 picks he's going to get a free pass.

Of course Newton's going to throw 30 TD passes in that spread offense. Auburn had the best defense in the SEC, Michael Dyer at RB and a great offensive line. Any QB who can't throw at least 20 TD passes with all that going for them is sorry.

If the Panthers are smart and don't want to be the #1 overall pick 2 years in a row, they'll pick Patrick Peterson and then they'll go defense again in Round 2 and MAYBE in Round 3 they'll go QB.

But of course, they're going to be dumb and pick Newton/Gabbert. :rolleyes:

The Golden Calf of Bristol's 7 TDs in 3 games is about as many our top two QBs last year in 15 games (8) soooo......

Plus if they get rid of him their fans will revolt.

2 things:

1) did you see Josh Freeman running last year against the Panthers??? But according to you a 6-6 guy can't do that in the NFL??? Hmmm....

2) draft a pro-style QB with good value that we can develop...wow that sounds awfully familiar to what we did last year. Hmmmm....

You are beginning to lose some credibility here.

1) We've known since his KState days that Freeman can run fast for a 6'6" guy. Newton doesn't accelerate well at all. Not to mention he won't have an incredible o-line if the Panthers draft him. But enough with this running crap, I'm talking about the most important part of his game- Pocket Passing.

2) I said from the start that Clausen sucked. I could see it halfway through his freshman year at Notre Dame.

A good pro-style QB would be someone like Scott Tolzien or Ricky Stanzi late in the draft. Of course that won't happen.

It doesn't matter what he did in the 2nd half!

After reading your first sentence, it doesn't matter what you have to say. Your opinion no longer matters and it's no use to proceed this discussion with you any further. Your argument has become hypocritical...oh btw, the fact he threw for 2 TDs and most of his passing yards came in the second half just goes to show you that he also beat them with his arm. Not just the legs like you are saying.

yeah, even though i fuging HATE newton and his cocksucking crew, he is going to be the panthers pick

but im making a list of the huggers, and slowly and surely, newton will eventually be off their sigs, avatars, and cocks.

You're the 2nd person I've seen on the forum that is going to be compiling a list of those that like Newton.

Maybe the two of you can get together and plot strategy and stuff. No sense duplicating each other's hard work. :ciappa:

those teams had a lot of trouble tackling anyone last year

I hope not. He had 94 rushing yards and a TD against a Ron Rivera coached defense

how does one run for a TD pass?

Re-read the post I was responding to. He said he was only effective bc he ran the ball.

You're the 2nd person I've seen on the forum that is going to be compiling a list of those that like Newton.

Maybe the two of you can get together and plot strategy and stuff. No sense duplicating each other's hard work. :ciappa:

I'm going to make a list too actually so make it 3.

It's ridiculous that some of you people think this guy is going to be a franchise savior. Blaine Gabbert is just as bad so hopefully the Panthers wise up with that pick and go defense or Green. :cool:

1) We've known since his KState days that Freeman can run fast for a 6'6" guy. Newton doesn't accelerate well at all. Not to mention he won't have an incredible o-line if the Panthers draft him. But enough with this running crap, I'm talking about the most important part of his game- Pocket Passing.

2) I said from the start that Clausen sucked. I could see it halfway through his freshman year at Notre Dame.

A good pro-style QB would be someone like Scott Tolzien or Ricky Stanzi late in the draft. Of course that won't happen.

LOL LOL LOL. Freeman's 5.00 40 time at the combine is super fast.

Archived