• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Having a family = not as many friends?

The Saltman

my wife tries to make sure I get out of the house for a beer or two every couple of weeks.

last week I tried to get her to do the same, with our single friends, and she hated it, she told me she never wanted to do that again.

Weird.

my wife tries to make sure I get out of the house for a beer or two every couple of weeks.

last week I tried to get her to do the same, with our single friends, and she hated it, she told me she never wanted to do that again.

Weird.

My husband goes out 1-2 times a week and hangs out with his buddies.

Most of my gfs are single and i'm tired of hanging with them. None of my gfs like the same things as me so when we hang i don't have fun.

Now that I have a family I hardly talk to any of my regular hang out buddies anymore. Most of them are either single, been married with no kids, or just playing the field.

It seems my social life has been reduced to nothing. Does this happen to most people going through what I'm going through or am I just a big loser?

Don't worry buddy, you aren't losing friends

You're just a big loser

kidding love you!

My husband goes out 1-2 times a week and hangs out with his buddies.

Most of my gfs are single and i'm tired of hanging with them. None of my gfs like the same things as me so when we hang i don't have fun.

That's exactly what she says.

I don't have that problem, so it's difficult for me to understand.

Typical, especially with babies. We started having more of a life again around 2 1/2 and even more so now that he is 4.

edit: of course he is a blast to hang with

totally agree. those first 3 yrs are a blur and then you kinda get into a groove of social life again.

you all heard that when you were going to get married that life was going to change, same with when you were going to have a baby. these are just some of the changes! don't fight it, just roll with the changes. Doesn't mean everything needs to change forever, it's all just part of the cycle.

I don't ever get a guys night out because of my music. I'm gone so much that when I do get a free night I want to spend it with my family.

Sometimes playing music all the time can be a burden, but I wouldn't change it one bit.

I'd say your music is your guys night out :)

I'd say your music is your guys night out :)

That's exactly what my wife says!

It's really not the same though. Unfortunately right now music is a second job for me.

I'm really looking forward to the day I can play for the hell of it.

Archived