• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Late(r) round QBs..

Awesomeness!!

Yea, that new QB formula got me interested in Stanzi. Not that I'm putting any faith into a QB formula, but this one seems as good as any other. Seems a lot more trustworthy than Bill Parcells' formula... Do not like Dalton so much. Hate Yates. I liked the Youtube I've seen on Pat Devlin, but I dunno what to make of the bad combine and subpar pro day performances. Game performance > combine/pro day.

Ditto. The guy makes a compelling case for Stanzi. I wouldn't trust it completely but all I have seen on Stanzi makes me come to the same conclusion. IMO he will be a big time sleeper in this draft.

I'm not 100% convinced Kaepernick is quite a later round...

True, there is a slight chance he could go late in the first round. I was just going with where he was projected and off of some mock draft sights, but I think he is a first round talent.

I would agree. It will be interesting to see where he gets picked. We would have to be looking to replace Pike with him though and he is a project. As much as I don't think clausen is the answer, he would still be better than most guys taken outside of the top 15. I am predicting that at least 4 or 5 QBs get taken in the first round this year. Newton, Gabbert,, Locker and either Dalton or Mallett, perhaps both. Stanzi likely is a second rounder.

Your saying pick up Taylor late even if we go another direction instead of Cam with the first? or just to replace Pike. I do think Mallett surprises and goes in the first as well with the guys you mentioned with Dalton being a early second imo. I could see the Redskins drafting Taylor late and letting him sit/learn behind McNabb.

Yea, that new QB formula got me interested in Stanzi. Not that I'm putting any faith into a QB formula, but this one seems as good as any other. Seems a lot more trustworthy than Bill Parcells' formula... Do not like Dalton so much. Hate Yates. I liked the Youtube I've seen on Pat Devlin, but I dunno what to make of the bad combine and subpar pro day performances. Game performance > combine/pro day.

Ditto. The guy makes a compelling case for Stanzi. I wouldn't trust it completely but all I have seen on Stanzi makes me come to the same conclusion. IMO he will be a big time sleeper in this draft.

If you are a believer in that particular formula, we already have a QB that scored high in his system...Tony Pike.

So why do we need another one?

For those thinking that we wouldn't pick up another QB in the later rounds then I respectfully disagree. First off, Carolina is not under the Fox regime anymore, we have Rivera in so he would want his own guy.

That being said, I think that if we don't draft a QB with the 1st pick then we may look at some guys in the later rounds.

Also, if the offense is going to look any where close to what San Diego runs then we will need a big arm QB who is able to make plays down field to the intended receiver. To me, Clausen is more suited for a WCO then he does in this style of offense so that is why I don't see Clausen being a reliable option.

That said, I believe that, even though he may go in the 1st, that Mallet may still be in play for Carolina and outside of that, I really don't know of a QB in this draft that has a bigger arm then Mallet and Newton.

Uhh...

Originally Posted by JawnyBlaze

Yea, that new QB formula got me interested in Stanzi. Not that I'm putting any faith into a QB formula

Even if I did put SOME faith into a formula, there's always going to be exceptions. Pike could probably be good if he put on about 20 lbs of muscle...

Your saying pick up Taylor late even if we go another direction instead of Cam with the first? or just to replace Pike. I do think Mallett surprises and goes in the first as well with the guys you mentioned with Dalton being a early second imo. I could see the Redskins drafting Taylor late and letting him sit/learn behind McNabb.

I would think any Qb we pick up late would be added to replace Pike not Clausen. If Clausen had stayed in school he would likely be in the top 3 of quarterbacks coming out this year. I doubt he would have been available where we picked him last year.

Mallett seems to be the Clausen of this draft. He might go high or he might fall, hard to say at this point. Dalton is similar. A team might reach and pick him earlier if Newton, Gabbert and Locker all come off the board in the top 10 picks. I don't know that the draft class warrants it but there seems to be a lot of need for quarterbacks by teams picking in the first round this year.

Archived