• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett's QB Camp with Gruden a Flop?

mav1234

Did anyone really watch it.instead of reading blogs? He didn't throw anyone under the bus. Gruden asked if the RT should have slide and picked up the end. He said yes but he said he must not of heard the center call the blitz pick up. I'm not a supporter but I laugh at this stuff.

Did anyone really watch it.instead of reading blogs? He didn't throw anyone under the bus. Gruden asked if the RT should have slide and picked up the end. He said yes but he said he must not of heard the center call the blitz pick up. I'm not a supporter but I laugh at this stuff.

Really, sad; it's pretty dumb. Can't get a clear perception of anything with the huddler's 'Newton Goggles' on every single fuging thing. I bet his name is mentioned more in this thread than Mallet's.

The entire point is that quarterbacks are expected to ALWAYS take the blame for everything that happens on offense in public (though obviously some don't), and what Mallett and Clausen did was exactly the opposite. It does not mean they'll be failures or can't be leaders, but that's the reality of what is expected of them.

Oh BTW, you want to talk about character issues.

Peyton Manning while at Tennessee, sat on the face of a female trainer with his bare ass. Look it up. They paid her over 300 grand to keep it hush hush. He forced her down and did that.

I bet only a handful of people on here knew that. You guys wouldn't be concerned with that would ya?

How dare you confuse these people with Facts and the truth

The entire point is that quarterbacks are expected to ALWAYS take the blame for everything that happens on offense in public (though obviously some don't), and what Mallett and Clausen did was exactly the opposite. It does not mean they'll be failures or can't be leaders, but that's the reality of what is expected of them.

Kind of like Cam saying his receiver's were to blame for his crappy combine? I didn't take what he said as 'throwing them under the bus' but with these new standards set by Mallet, Cam surely fits into your category of doing the opposite of what you're suppose to.

Kind of like Cam saying his receiver's were to blame for his crappy combine? I didn't take what he said as 'throwing them under the bus' but with these new standards set by Mallet, Cam surely fits into your category of doing the opposite of what you're suppose to.

I think you may have me confused with someone who actually wants to draft Cam Newton, but...

If Cam actually said that the reason his combine looked so bad was due to the receivers he was throwing to, that would surely raise a red flag to me... a totally different kind, but a red flag none the less.

I don't think highly of how a player does at the combine, but if he did say that it is interesting. Since I already think we should pass on a QB at #1 overall, though, it doesn't much change my stance on the QBs in this draft.

I think you may have me confused with someone who actually wants to draft Cam Newton, but...

If Cam actually said that the reason his combine looked so bad was due to the receivers he was throwing to, that would surely raise a red flag to me... a totally different kind, but a red flag none the less.

I don't think highly of how a player does at the combine, but if he did say that it is interesting. Since I already think we should pass on a QB at #1 overall, though, it doesn't much change my stance on the QBs in this draft.

What Cam said is that he underestimated the importance of being familiar with your WR. Elaborated by saying that not everyone comes out of a break the same way.

It also annoys me that as soon as you disagree with someone about an unrelated subject they label you as a Huger or Hater. I have been accused as both several times.

What Cam said is that he underestimated the importance of being familiar with your WR. Elaborated by saying that not everyone comes out of a break the same way.

It also annoys me that as soon as you disagree with someone about an unrelated subject they label you as a Huger or Hater. I have been accused as both several times.

Eh. That's not quite the same as saying someone "didn't hear or decided not to do" what they were supposed to. I know he also said he didn't take the combine seriously before it and it hurt him, and I thought he was good to have admitted that but worrying that he didn't take it that seriously.

As to the "Hugger/Hater" nonsense, I've gotten over it. People have brought up my name in the past as "blind" hate and love for every QB we've ever had, so I don't give a poo anymore. Too often, forums end up with arguments that something is black or white, when it's really some shade of gray.

I saw the segment on espn. I thought he did a good job talking with Gruden. Yeah, he did say that the tackle didn't fan out and pick up, but he also added on the end that its ultimately his responsibility and that he messed up. I think this guy is being thrown under the bus alot for just a little concern.

Archived