• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who else wants Lucas out of a Panthers uniform?

gorillamilitia13

It was just a bad game by Lucas, but in my opinion one of the td catches should have been off pas interference. Bryant hand planted Lucas in the face right as / right before the ball was being thrown to him.

I saw that too and was pissed about it.

I wasn't on the Huddle during the entire game and after the game, I knew I was gonna come on here and find people giving Lucas ridiculous amounts of sh*t for this game.

Can we just have one game where "fans" here feel that a player/coach should not be fired immediately after a game? I mean I'm all for it if they deserve it, but most of the threads I've seen regarding this kind of topic are complete dog sh*t

I know you admitted that you're a Lucas fanboy, but that doesn't mean you should just start throwing sh*t at every other player you can. You're defending Lucas by putting down a clearly superior corner? I don't understand...

You don't think we need him for 6 years? Are you seriously saying this?

I dont think we need gamble for 6 years UNLESS he plays more consistent. I mean, the last couple years i did not see much effort by him. But this year i am impressed thus far. This is the first time lucas has had a string of bad games. Im just sayin that ive seen much worse from gamble tacking and coverage wise. and i wouldnt go that far as to say Gamble is our best corner.

Its more Godfrey not being in the right place. Both times he got burnt they were in man 2. We have been going with alot more 2 man over the top in the second half of the season and Godfrey is showing some Rookie mistakes. Westly took Godfrey's place late in the game if Im not mistaken.

I saw that too and was pissed about it.I wasn't on the Huddle during the entire game and after the game, I knew I was gonna come on here and find people giving Lucas ridiculous amounts of sh*t for this game.

Can we just have one game where "fans" here feel that a player/coach should not be fired immediately after a game? I mean I'm all for it if they deserve it, but most of the threads I've seen regarding this kind of topic are complete dog sh*t

They didnt show it on the TV. Thats why people dont understand. He also should have had help I do beleave.

It was really Godfrey who had some bad plays, Corners get beat all the time, that's why you have Safety support over the top, hell that's one of the reasons you have Safetys in the game of football. Godfrey has a lot to learn and makes a lot of rookie mistakes, but he'll be great before you know it. However, blaming this on Lucas is pretty ridiculous seeing he pretty much plays at an All-Pro level.

Smh, why are people blaming Godfrey? Godfrey had nothing to do with those plays

1. Lucas bit on the underneath receiver running an out when he should have stayed with Bryant. He realized Bryant got past him and just stopped running cause he messed up. First 50 yarder. Lucky Marshall caught onto and chased him down. Godfrey had to play the middle of field, cause Harris blitzed. Not his fault

2. Lucas bit on Bryant fake to the inside which caused Lucas to lose his balance and run right into Bryant. Bryant caught it then stiff armed him for the TD. Second 50 yarder. Godfrey had to play the slot receiver, wasn't even near the ball

3. Lucas stayed in his position cause he saw the pressure on Garcia instead of following him he let Bryant got behind him in the end zone for his 2nd TD

Stop thinking that because Godfrey is a free safety he stays on top of Lucas most of the time. This isn't the Tampa defense where their safeties mainly stay over the top. We move Godfrey around. Corners aren't supposed to have help all the time, particularly in our defense. Lucas got benched and not because of Godfrey mistakes, but his own

He got beat in zone twice, once Godfrey bit and was out of position and the other time on the PI call it was pretty much a bullshit call.

Lucas has been great since we signed him and really has had one or two bad games since coming to carolina. Considering he's intelligent, physical and great in run support I wouldn't send him anywhere.

Even Aso has given up 100 yard games. I know its not quite 200 yds but my point remains, even the best can have bad days.

Archived