• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Losing Weight without losing muscle (the little I have)

The Saltman

What weight did you start off at? SL5x5 starts with an empty bar. This allows you to focus on form before you start getting heavy.

I just started back a few weeks ago after not working out at all over the winter. Since my squat was around 225 when I stopped I figured I could drop down to 125 and build my way back up. That 125 tore me up. I could barely walk for 3 days but I stuck with it and am perfectly fine now.

The key is progressive loading and consistency. I guarantee you won't be sore.

Yeah, I think I went up in weight too fast. This is because I went straight from another routine and didn't want my strength to drop off. I'm very quick to lose strength so not being in a position to lose it is important for me.

It's complicated.

I'm not saying he's old...I'm just saying I see these guys that suddenly think they are 18 again and start working out like crazy and eating all this poo that they don't like and stop drinking and stop living etc because they think they need to be all fit and poo. Life is about balance. Sure, alot of us could stand to live a little healthier, but not at the cost that we stop enjoying ourselves.

I'm not saying he's old...I'm just saying I see these guys that suddenly think they are 18 again and start working out like crazy and eating all this poo that they don't like and stop drinking and stop living etc because they think they need to be all fit and poo. Life is about balance. Sure, alot of us could stand to live a little healthier, but not at the cost that we stop enjoying ourselves.

I agree....some people take it way to far. Me...I've gone to the gym drunk before and pretty sure I was smoking a Marlboro red on the way up to the door. It was after a round of golf and I didn't drive. Worst workout I have ever had.

I just have a pretty unhealthy lifestyle and need to get back in the gym. I take my shirt off and look like my father. That is something I dont want to look like at the age of 29

when I'm watching survivor and see Ralph, I think of you....except he's obviously taller than you....way taller than you

I dont watch survivor.

Oh and leave me alone about my height :sad:

You're not short Im 5'6".

But on topic I could never fully get rid of my gut even in the Army. I always had a little stomach. That was with running 45 minutes 3 days a week.

Archived