• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jerry Rice: Accuracy, not race, the issue with Cam Newton

mav1234

even us so called huggers knows he is a work in progress but when you question his ability to come to work, lead, breakdown film, brain smarts etc thats when the whole racism thing pops up.

Exactly I hate when they say how anyone that doesn't believe in him is called a racist that's some bullsh1t.

Learning our huge playbook with an abbreviated pre-season

will be impossible for a rookie QB. Gabbert with a 42 Wonderlic

is NFL ready now and scored twice as high as Cam.And Gabbert

hasn't stolen computers,cheated or lied.

I do not want the Face of our Franchise to be a thief,liar and a cheat.

Cam Newtons Completion % last year was higher than Gabberts, Daltons, Mallets, Ponders, Kaepernicks, Stanzis....

Edit: him and Dalton were tied.

And it was lower than Kellen Moore's along with his Yards, Touchdowns, QB Efficiency Rating, and he threw more picks than Moore.

DRAFT MOORE~!~!~!~!~!~!

I didn't say anything about this racism bull-poo. A lot of you idiots think just because a guy is black, and some group of people don't like them, it's immediately because they're racist. (Isn't that called reverse racism?) It's f'n stupid to boil it back down to racism.

A lot of you idiots think if a guy is black and plays QB and he appeals to both whites and blacks, than he's a threat and we need to pile on his character to convince people he aint real. We have to call him a thug or play up his criminal element or attack his parents credibility. Whatever it takes to defend our way of life we will. Its disgusting, its embarassing, and its created a stigma that all Panther fans have to live with. I spend most of my time offline trying to convince people this organization isnt racist and will give a black QB a chance, only to come up here see us categorize every black QB in the NFL as a thug or trouble maker or mentally slow. People are tired of these same old Jim Crow era stereotypes that fearful people cling to.

A lot of you idiots think if a guy is black and plays QB and he appeals to both whites and blacks, than he's a threat and we need to pile on his character to convince people he aint real. We have to call him a thug or play up his criminal element or attack his parents credibility. Whatever it takes to defend our way of life we will. Its disgusting, its embarassing, and its created a stigma that all Panther fans have to live with. I spend most of my time offline trying to convince people this organization isnt racist and will give a black QB a chance, only to come up here see us categorize every black QB in the NFL as a thug or trouble maker or mentally slow. People are tired of these same old Jim Crow era stereotypes that fearful people cling to.

Like I said, the only color that matters to me is the silver of the Lombardi Trophy.

And thanks for categorizing all white people as racists. I appreciate that you're racist enough to profile all white people that way.

Like I said, the only color that matters to me is the silver of the Lombardi Trophy.

And thanks for categorizing all white people as racists. I appreciate that you're racist enough to profile all white people that way.

No where in my comment did I state "all white people are racist". I even stated a dynamic QB like Newt appeals to both blacks and whites. Rather than throw all white people under the bus, why dont you confront your own feelings?

And it was lower than Kellen Moore's along with his Yards, Touchdowns, QB Efficiency Rating, and he threw more picks than Moore.

DRAFT MOORE~!~!~!~!~!~!

Nice extreme.

I was simply pointing out that Cam was catching a lot of heat for his accuracy but when you look at the comparisons with other QBs in this draft he was either tied with or ahead of them in comp %.

I'd say he's listening to some of the analysts who might be a little racist, rather than doing his own homework.

Conspiracies never end with you huh?

Nice extreme.

I was simply pointing out that Cam was catching a lot of heat for his accuracy but when you look at the comparisons with other QBs in this draft he was either tied with or ahead of them in comp %.

I don't know if you know this but comp % is not the same as accuracy

No where in my comment did I state "all white people are racist". I even stated a dynamic QB like Newt appeals to both blacks and whites. Rather than throw all white people under the bus, why dont you confront your own feelings?

You said "all white people are racist" the same way that I said "Cam is black, he's a thug". It never once happened.

Now you know what it's like to have words shoved into your mouth to fit another person's argument.

You need to learn to accept that some people have differing ideas than you. It's THAT kind of backwards thinking that kept us in the "Jim Crow era", as you put it. There are other people out there who won't, and definitely do not, agree with you. Get over it.

It we draft Cam, we draft Cam. I don't think it's the right move. Not because he's black, but because he ran a simplistic spread offense in college, that I don't think will translate well to the NFL, and especially not a complex offense like the vertical Norv Turner-esque offense.

Archived