• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More foreign makes in NASCAR?

Spike

This is all hypothetical of course. The Big 3 are all hurting right now. Toyota has had success. I think its possible at some time to see Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, and/or Hundai and Suzuki getting into the NASCAR field(I could also see Pontiac make a comeback if GM ultimately decides to sell the brand).

After thinking about it, how exactly would other manufacturers get in? Do they have to pay? Petition? What?

Well every year NASCAR approves what body style may run in it's series. It will take two years roughly to get in. The first thing that must be submitted for approval is the planned motor package. From there body components mainly the front fascia (or nose) of the car & skin components like hood, roof, decklid and then finally the rear fascia (or tail) of the car.

Then after you have done all your research & submissions you have to sign some teams to your Brand unless you coming with a team much like Toyota did with Red Bull & MWR. Also like the Dodges did with Petty & Evernham.

It's a timely process and what sucks is your first year is sure to suck in the series regardless of how much money you throw in to the fire! :D

Hopefully this gives you a little insight to the process! ;)

Yes appreciated. Although, the CoT could make the process a little faster since the cars are all essentially dopplegangers now. A much less broad starting point.

And that statement right there is why a start up team will suck their first year in competition!!!

This where I need a "Hell Yeah" from Red Wing!

Amanda --- Where are you?!?! :D

There is more adjustablity in these COT's than you would think, but yes not as much as the old Monte Carlo's. :(

and don't let the media fool ya into believing that the teams just need a handfull of cars because of their universal fit from Short Track to Super Speedway ..... We still have at least 14 cars per team! :rolleyes:

:P

Yeah, the COT pretty much makes it seem like a firm starting ground.. but that car (technically) for a "new brand" wouldn't be anything like their factory tested cars.... thusly they'd be "new" and have the first season to get their (technically) testing in... but, while in a race, I'd gather.

Archived