• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Once we draft Cam, this fanbase will support him right?

Awesomeness!!

Have you read these forums? I don't care what anyone here says, this type of venom won't stop the minute he puts on the Carolina Panther hat. You can't spend months tearing down a guy and honestly say now that he is a panther I will support him. That probably means you won't boo his first int.

He is still going to have to prove himself to get support from a lot of people. People thinking the Cam Newton threads are going to stop once he is drafted are naive. Every good game the Cam lovers are going to flood the place with I told you so's. Every bad game it will be the same. It all depends on how well he plays. Hell short of Superbowl MVP I think the Highlandfires, Joat, jpinner and TRD will still hate him.

As long as the team itself supports him, the majority of fans will fall in line and do the same. Yeah its gonna be your TRDs, and JOATs who nitpick and will still hate him, but so what, you cant please everybody. When Vick was a Falcon he had detractors within his fanbase, and hell for all he's done for us, #89 has his in ours. It'll be no different for this hyped up rookie QB. I can live with it, just put that man in a Panthers uniform so we all can grow and get used to something like this.

As long as the team itself supports him, the majority of fans will fall in line and do the same. Yeah its gonna be your TRDs, and JOATs who nitpick and will still hate him, but so what, you cant please everybody. When Vick was a Falcon he had detractors within his fanbase, and hell for all he's done for us, #89 has his in ours. It'll be no different for this hyped up rookie QB. I can live with it, just put that man in a Panthers uniform so we all can grow and get used to something like this.

True.

Originally they did. A lot of people on this forum wanted him to start ASAP and felt he could play better than Moore. It was only after he went out there and wet the bed that people started going at him for being soft.

I hated Jimmy from the start (didn't want him drafted).....once a Panther I cheered and rooted for him however for awhile.......but after 299 pass attempts w/ no WR in the endzone I let the hate back out.

Give Cam 299 pass attempts.

Really? From what I remember, the first interception/ bad throw he made, the people that didn't want him turned on him. That is not support.

And I have a feeling the first sign of trouble those same people will turn on Cam. Thats how some people work. For the record, I on the Cam train.

Id love for someone to own up (it will never happen), because turn the pre season, the poo talking began. I know I'm not the only person that read it.

Hell, maybe I'm just delusional. I'll own up to it.

well, people didn't hate Clausen then......there was a movement here that didn't buy that some were claiming he should start right away and was already better than Moore. A lot of argued about how he looked in preseason and some tried to claim he was better it just didn't show b/c he was with backups.

Archived