• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Once we draft Cam, this fanbase will support him right?

Awesomeness!!

Time will tell if I had to guess I'd say it's going to be split between believers that see his potential, non-believers that will support him just because he's our guy/hope for the best and guys hoping he will fail just so that they can avoid being wrong about Cam.

Won't be Cams fault, but Hurneys

Cam is what he is. A project. One Hurney is betting will turn out well. I do not expect anything from any QB in the coming season. All projects and in need of immense coaching (which they will not get with the CBA situation)

I lean pro-Newton in this draft, and in spite of my frustrations, I always support the team.

But I think that Newton will need to hold up his end of the bargain. He needs to get to practice on time, put in his time with the playbook, the film room, keep out of trouble off the field, and generally, put forth the effort.

If he doesn't, things will turn real sour, real fast. I'd bet a paycheck on that.

What I don't want to see from fans is an immediate indictment on his abilities right off the bat, especially if he really is putting in the work. He's gotta fall down before he can walk. He's got to walk before he can run. He's got to run before he become a star- a franchise quarterback.

Have you read these forums? I don't care what anyone here says, this type of venom won't stop the minute he puts on the Carolina Panther hat. You can't spend months tearing down a guy and honestly say now that he is a panther I will support him. That probably means you won't boo his first int.

He is still going to have to prove himself to get support from a lot of people. People thinking the Cam Newton threads are going to stop once he is drafted are naive. Every good game the Cam lovers are going to flood the place with I told you so's. Every bad game it will be the same. It all depends on how well he plays. Hell short of Superbowl MVP I think the Highlandfires, Joat, jpinner and TRD will still hate him.

Archived