• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who should we take at #98?

Stumpy

Clint Boling would be a great addition to the line. No reason to pass him up especially with the way the line played last season.

If they pass on Boling it better be for Edmond Gates.

No reason to take a CB with this pick. There was a run on CB in the 3rd and we can still get a decent one in the 5th.

Pretty sure he is gonna have to go through chemotherapy this season. Which is unfortunate but has killed his stock.

I heard he might have to do some chemo, didn't realize it was throughout the season. Was thinking it'd be preseason. That's a pretty big reason not to take him. Sucks for the guy.

Richard Sherman, CB, Stanford

Sherman (6-3, 192) has great size, speed and athletic ability to be a starter as a rookie. He is new to the corner position after playing three seasons as a receiver for the Cardinal. He has tremendous smarts and athletic upside to develop into a very productive player right away.

Although he is a tight-hipped athlete, he has long speed to recover vertically and shows uncanny route-recognition and zone coverage awareness for the position. http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/2011-nfl-draft-top-20-players-left-after-three-rounds

or Taiwan Jones

I heard he might have to do some chemo, didn't realize it was throughout the season. Was thinking it'd be preseason. That's a pretty big reason not to take him. Sucks for the guy.

Cannon has non-hodgkins cancer. Its between stage 2 and 3 and therefore he need chemo.

I have had the exaxt same type of cancer and my guess would be he will get treatment over the nex 4-6 months and then needs to get back into shape which will take some time.

He will not play this year...

If we know Marshall is gone the pick has to be Brandon Burton CB Utah, the guy would be an absolute steal in the 4th, and we have a good history with Utah players: Smitty/Gross. I like the guard out of Georgia Boling, but I don't take him here because I hold out faith that Duke Robinson is still going to develop. After that if Luke Stocker or D.J Williams are their in the 5th gotta to take em! If the fullback from Stanford is their in the 6th got to take em. In the 7th do whatever!

Cannon has non-hodgkins cancer. Its between stage 2 and 3 and therefore he need chemo.

I have had the exaxt same type of cancer and my guess would be he will get treatment over the nex 4-6 months and then needs to get back into shape which will take some time.

He will not play this year...

Thanks for the insight. Hope things are working out for you.

About Cannon, I'm sorry for his condition but no way I want a player in that situation. Too big of a risk, even at the end of the draft. Guaranteed no production year 1, and then he's going to lose a bunch of weight and muscle mass (at a position that requires weight and muscle mass as much as any other position) means there's a good chance he'll never play football at a high level. Better just to take Boling, if OL is the pick we want to make.

I don't think Boling really fits out scheme. Boling isn't a powerful type lineman. I think Rivera would like to have a power line with big maulers and Boling doesn't fit that scheme. Boling is a lineman who will fit the more athletic movement oriented lines. Marcus Cannon I think fits our scheme much better

Archived