• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers' biggest sin?

stankowalski

I've been of the mindset that we should let this Peppers situation play out and see what happens without getting pissy and vindictive. I've thought that most of these sour grapes are due to the relatively low emotional IQ of the people involved. But then I thought, you know what? I haven't seen EVERYTHING. Maybe these people PMS'ing do have a legitimate beef. Maybe they have read some interviews with Pep or seen some youtube clip that I haven't. I mean that's entirely plausible. Maybe I am wrong about this after all.

So step up Peppers haters and post what has offended you so much in this fiasco. That means a link to a quote that Peppers made or a link to some audio with Peppers shitting on you personally, or the Panthers organization itself. If you come in here and post some meaningless drivel such as, "He didn't give 100%!!!!", I'm going to drive out to your emo-shelter and punch you in the twat.

So let's go...convince me.

I've been of the mindset that we should let this Peppers situation play out and see what happens without getting pissy and vindictive. I've thought that most of these sour grapes are due to the relatively low emotional IQ of the people involved. But then I thought, you know what? I haven't seen EVERYTHING. Maybe these people PMS'ing do have a legitimate beef. Maybe they have read some interviews with Pep or seen some youtube clip that I haven't. I mean that's entirely plausible. Maybe I am wrong about this after all.

So step up Peppers haters and post what has offended you so much in this fiasco. That means a link to a quote that Peppers made or a link to some audio with Peppers sh*tting on you personally, or the Panthers organization itself. If you come in here and post some meaningless drivel such as, "He didn't give 100%!!!!", I'm going to drive out to your emo-shelter and punch you in the twat.

football fans living in emo-shelters? hmmmmmmmmmmm.

As for the post... I don't think it's any one thing in particular that's got people's pantyhose in knots. Rather, it's a conglomeration; it cannot be denied that Peppers and his agent nearly put the organization in an extremely poor position, one that could've arguably toppled the franchise's efforts in 2009.

Such disaster was averted by the signing of Gross. I think there would be a much greater furor had that not happened and Pep just walked.

So Peppers didn't do anything specifically to hurt anyone on the board, obviously, and his actions, taken by themselves, were routine business transactions. But again, it's the effect of his whims as a whole that's caused havoc in the hearts of the Carolina legions. With any fanbase in such a situation, lopsided polarization is a given.

It'll chill out.

what pisses me off most about pep is that I honestly thik that he and his agent decided that he was going to lay out last year and this year knowing a contract with someone was upcoming actually played to his potential this year. 2 1/2 sacks last year? come on. I dont like players who play these kids of friggin games.

I hope we get rid of the guy and get a couple of juicy nuggets in return. Good riddance.

So step up Peppers haters and post what has offended you so much in this fiasco. That means a link to a quote that Peppers made or a link to some audio with Peppers sh*tting on you personally, or the Panthers organization itself. If you come in here and post some meaningless drivel such as, "He didn't give 100%!!!!", I'm going to drive out to your emo-shelter and punch you in the twat.

Shtanley, can you convince me that hes worth 17mil? NOT! The sin is hes led us to believe hes worth that. Thats my whole beef with him. For his production he should be paid about 9-10 mil. Whether he gets a sack, takes plays off, gets effectively blocked all day long by a rookie left tackle, makes a beast hit on someone, hes only worth 9-10. If we get one 1st rounder outta him i'll be happy as hell.

Also, emotion isnt measured in IQ, its measured by heart of which peppers has zero. He could have been the 'home town boy makes good' and been the leader of great 'D' but has chosen the cowards way out....hes quiting on us.

Shtanley, can you convince me that hes worth 17mil? NOT! The sin is hes led us to believe hes worth that. Thats my whole beef with him. For his production he should be paid about 9-10 mil. Whether he gets a sack, takes plays off, gets effectively blocked all day long by a rookie left tackle, makes a beast hit on someone, hes only worth 9-10. If we get one 1st rounder outta him i'll be happy as hell.

Also, emotion isnt measured in IQ, its measured by heart of which peppers has zero. He could have been the 'home town boy makes good' and been the leader of great 'D' but has chosen the cowards way out....hes quiting on us.

That just ruined all credibility for your entire post...

He didnt give us a 100% :dita:

I thought about making a new thread with this, but there are already so many that I just chose this one. I offer something positive here. Pep Highlights

Take a look. As someone who likes to watch Defense, I can honestly say this is a great vid. I think it shows all his sacks and forced fumbles. Also shows him stepping up in the huddle, and speaking out.

My view of the whole situation. I am kind of straddling the fence. I'd like to see Pep back, and more motivated by Meeks. I wouldn't mind seeing him go though either, and us saving that money/getting whatever for him. Bottom line is I trust the organization. They have showed that they know what they are doing as of late. Taking Beason. Making a trade to get Otah and Stewart. Extending Gamble and Gross. I have faith that they will make a good decision.

Another thing. The Smith video is also good, as well as the offensive player of the year video for DeAngelo.

Pep had a lousy 2007 but the team closed ranks around him and kept whatever the problem was out of the press. Pep repaid the teams loyalty by refusing to resign prior to 2008 and then letting everyone know he wanted to be traded after the season. He then made a very transparent attempt to strong arm the team into not franchising him by making the ridiculous demand of only accepting a trade to 4 out of a possible 31 other teams. He did this, might I remind you, while simultaneously claiming he didn't want to do anything to hurt the franchise.

It's not so much that he wants to go elsewhere that annoys me. It's the way he has gone about it over the last month or so that has resulted in my going from a huge fan to someone who will be rooting for his complete and total failure wherever else he ends up.

That just ruined all credibility for your entire post...

I know the guy is human. Im just saying hes never really lived up to the billing for whatever reason and never worth the money. There are too many inconsistencies in his game to command that kinda cash. He is above average skill wise but that doesnt translate to sh!t as we are seeing first hand. I dont really hate the guy, im just highly disappointed. im ready for the divorce and i want something out of it, half the house!

I'm not really mad at him but since you are wondering why, the real reason a lot of people are upset is because he's one of the most popular Panthers ever yet he doesn't want to play for us any more.

The part that is frustrating most people is the fact that there isn't any real logic behind it. If we had a 1-15 season or something last year then maybe we could understand.

Personally I don't see his impact on the team being worth what it would cost us to keep him.

Gandy handled him by himself in the biggest game of the season for us. There. Then Pep says he cant reach his potential here. Ummm.....no. I'm not really pissed at him but I don't think he's worth 17million.

I don't care that he doesn't want to play here anymore. I'm of the mindset that he isn't worth being the highest paid defensive player in the league given his age and given his inconsistent play (have to say "inconsistent" because saying that he takes plays off isn't valid because of a little known rule that you have to put together YouTube clips for definitive proof of it).

That being said, the reason a lot of people are mad at Peppers is because of the potential of paying Peppers 17 million this year and getting nothing, when there was no indication that anything like this was going to happen before the offseason. If he did want out before this season, the Panthers organization did a great job of covering it up. But then again, it would have been tough for us to get much compensation for him given the terrible season he had in 2007. (I know you're not going to make the illness excuse for his play that year, since you don't have a doctor's note or any official indication from a team official or Peppers that it was the reason for his marginal play that year.) Despite all of that, the team offered him a generous contract sometime during the season to show that they wanted him to be here, and didn't want him to have to worry about where he stood with the team...something that a lot of successful franchises don't do. He rejected it, but didn't say I'm not signing with the Panthers regardless of whatever you are offering me until after the season ended, again which puts the organization in a difficult position.

Fresh off an embarrassing playoff loss at home to a 9-7 team (again in a game that Peppers didn't make an impact in) we get the news via ESPN rather than from local sources to declare that he wants out....just to make sure the whole world knows. Again, this was news to everyone else who covers the Panthers on a regular basis. Then in the interview with the local beat writers, he says he wants to play in a 3-4 and says he appreciates his time with the Panthers and wants them to get fair compensation for him. That was fine until last week where we heard some ridiculous mess about he only will play for four teams (several of the rumored ones do not play the 3-4) and now does not want to be tagged, to walk away without the Panthers getting anything for him. So in other words, he flat out lied. But I guess that's "business" for you.

His biggest "sin" (if you want to call it that) in my book is not being the guy I thought he was. Namely the fact that when he did speak, he always seemed to take responsibility for his own actions and play and doings. But when it came out that he felt the Panthers were holding him back, that really disappointed me a whole lot in Peppers the man.

Archived