• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Random Thoughts

Captroop

Where do they find "ugly people" for movies? I mean, think about any movie with a dating montage, they usually have a bunch of ugly people peppered in, and the audience goes "Ugh!" before the main female protagonist meets the male model love interest of the film. Do studios just put out an open casting call for ugly people, and people show up?

And who are the people who take these roles? Do they see the open casting call for ugly people and think, "That's me! Now I can have 5 seconds in a Nia Vardalos movie so the audience can recoil in disgust at my tragicomic face!" Do they actually go to see the movie, and if so what do they think when the audience goes, "EWW! You can do better than THAT, Nia Vardalos!" Or are they just actors who realize, "Well, I don't have leading man looks, at least I have my niche! It's a paycheck!"

Sorry for the bump, but this one really grinds my gears:

Does anyone else think that girls having phony Facebook names is about the most conceited thing you can do? I mean basically it's saying "You can't friend me, I don't want you to be able to find my profile. If I think you are worthy of being my facebook friend, I will search your real name, then I will add YOU."

I mean I get birthday announcements, and I don't even know who half the people on my friends list are anymore. "Today is Gina Romano's birthday." Who the fug is Gina Romano? Oh! It's my friend Olivia!

What. The. Fug.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I don't do the laundry...I febreeze.

I heard Britney Spears (feat. Nicki Minaj & Kesha) - Till The World Ends (Remix) this morning. It is the sound of music dying choking on its own vomit. Lady Gaga is it's death rattle.

Why do they report power outages on TV?

Why are builders afraid to have a 13th floor but book publishers aren't afraid to have a Chapter 11?

Should vegetarians eat animal crackers?

If you throw a cat out a car window, does it become kitty litter?

If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?

Is there another word for synonym?

Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice"?

When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?

When you open a bag of cotton balls, is the top one meant to be thrown away?

Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all"?

Poecilonym

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I love watching great truck drivers do their job. In D.C. there is this Shopper's where the loading dock is just wide enough for the trailer to pass through with about 3 feet of space on either side. And it's accessible only by a tiny, 2-lane street. You used to be able to see it from the bar where I used to hang out and the bartender and I used to bet on how many times the driver would have to straighten out and back in again. Average was about 3. But there was one guy who could back that sucker in perfectly every time on his first attempt. 

My point being, in every sci-fi movie, the pilot is usually a young science geek. How the hell is that kid or busty blonde going to successfully dock that freighter? I mean even airline pilots need to be towed into the gate. Just once I would like to see the pilot of a half-million ton star-ship depicted as a grizzled, gray-bearded guy with a beer-gut, yellow sunglasses, and a cigarette that's half ash hanging from his mouth who looks like he can line up a garbage truck with a dumpster in his sleep. Because I honestly believe when the time comes, they will be our space jockeys.

Archived