• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam on Frank and Moose

listening now...

right now it's all on him to prepare.

asked about what they did to help him with the playbook. said he got a watered down version before the workout that he had to know before hand. spent about 48 hours learning it. forgot some of it in the meantime but came right back to him after he got the real thing last week.

asked about wether he was willing to put in the work he put into learning blinn's and auburn's playbook. he said absolutely and the only thing he needs is time to learn it and he's got plenty of it.

talked about the thing that pissed him off about all the negative attention was seeing his moms face when she heard it. she remembered listening to moose campaign for newton and shared it with newton.

talked about smith. intrigued by the standard he set for himself. lots of respect for him. likes the character and level of dedication he's seen from smith and kalil and other players he's met.

already developing solid relationship with kalil. texting everyday and joking around. great thing to know. kalil's bucking for newton to send the Oline to mexico.

asked what kind of work habits he is coming with and if hispayday is going to ater what he does. newton said a money brings out what a person was before he had the money. said he knows that there is not a team that is consistently good without a good QB and is taking that on his shoulder. wants to consistently work hard and be consistently good. doesn't want to be considered a one hit wonder. kept emphasizing how much he wants to be great and keeps looking at people who have achieved greatness. said muhammad ali is one of the guys that he looks to. not just QBs he's looking at. he is looking at what makes anyone great.

said the secret to getting where he has at this point is having a solid foundation. talked about how fans talked about how fun it was to watch him bring his team back from behind and he said his response would be that it's fun to watch but not fun to play because he's having to constantly try and think of what he can say to rally the team.

always asks himself if he can do what QBs like drew brees and josh freeman can do. also trying to be someone that has things that they don't have. become what the good QBs are and be better. wants to be a nightmare for defensive coordinators, no matter what that is or what that entails.

asked about if he gets the starting job and the chip on his shoulder. was really strong in saying that nothing is going to be handed to him and he doesn't want it given to him. he wants the job and respect to be earned just like it should be for anyone. about the chip on his shoulder and said he does have one, but the biggest pressure comes from his desire to be great which has always been with him.

how does he deal with a coach with a high standard who gives lots of criticisms but few praises like moose had with richard williamson. newton said he is because that started at home and it's something he's always had. his parents and many of his coaches have always set the bar high for him and accepted little beneath that bar.

asked about his jersey number. laughed and said he hasn't worried about it. said a number is a number. it's not something he has to have, but he wants #2 because he's the second son and his mom called him that growing up. he'd like it but he doesn't have to have it.

asked moose as a player coming into the league, what is it that will turn a 2-14 team into a winning team. moose said that the key was for everyone to know their role, accept their role, and be the best at their role possible. said that newton's job/challenge is to help those around him do that.

At the end of the interview, Cam asked Moose what differentiates a team that's 2-14 from a team that's playing for the superbowl, and what they can do or change to get their.

Moose said each players has to sacrifice, and make sure they play their role and play it to the best of their ability.

I really love how he asked Moose that.

Thats was a excellent question. You cant hate this guy. I see what everyone says about his personality. Just from that interview you heard him talk sincerly about wanting to earn respect and work hard for it. He wants to win.

Thank you Andrew Luck. Hopefully you can design the room we stack our future Lombardis in.:cam::cam::cam::cam:

Love his Charisma and love his attitude.

Will that translate to good QBing play? Time will tell.

Im optimistic but to think without seeing him play on the field yet that we are going to win superbowls is a little premature.

I hope so though.

i have to say that there were really no awkward moments or wordings like there have been on tv. did a lot better on the phone.

great interview.

Yeah. No matter how confident you are, when you have your first interview for your new team in front of a room full of reporters, you're going to get the jitters. I think he's overcoming any nerves little by little.

He should be a great media guy the further he goes into his career. Think how great Mcnabb handles the media. I hope he can get to that point.

Interview Just finished. My overall impression is that this kid is something special. He gave one of the best interviews I've heard not just from a rookie but from any athlete. It was refreshing to hear someone speak without adding a "Ya know what I'm saying" at the end. He mixes up colloquialism and metaphors sometimes but you know what he's saying. He seems like he has his head screwed on straight and one thing he's hammered home in the interview and others is he wants to be great. If I had a dollar for every time I heard him say he wants to be great I'd be almost as rich as he's going to be here are some of the highlights.

Says he has to get in the mindset to work out and get into the play book so he'll be ready when the lockout ends.

First introduction to the Panthers offense began when was going through workouts and interviews. The Panthers gave him 24-48 hours to learn a small playbook before the workouts. Said he pretty much forgot it after workout but when he got the full one last week it came right back to him.

Says its all about time. He wants to devote all his time and energy to learning the playbook, its all about the time he puts in it. He only had a year to learn his JUCO playbook and a year to learn his Auburn playbook.

Says he's met Steve Smith, and doesn't want to step on anyone's toes. He's a "different cat" but hes a professional and respects his hard work. I Couldn't get a real feeling on whether Smitty tipped his hat to him whether he was staying or not.

Says he doesn't just go through one read and run. You can't be a one dimensional QB in the SEC. He's patient in the pocket and his challenge is to become like Brees/Freeman

Wants to become a DC nightmare and have something for everything they throw at him.

His parents have really instilled some good values in him as far as money is concerned and I don't think we'll have to worry about a big entourage or him getting in much trouble.

Knows he has to earn respect and want his teammates respect of him to be high and that has to be earned. He's his own biggest critic, everything people have said about him is fuel to the fire and "when the fires unleashed there will be hell to pay" He knows he needs his team mates respect before he can be the starter.

The whole number issue is manufactured by the media and it's not a big deal to him if he doesn't get it although he would like to keep it since he's the #2 son in his family.

i have to say that there were really no awkward moments or wordings like there have been on tv. did a lot better on the phone.

great interview.

He wasnt worried about being scrutinized. He was talking football and was able to be himself. He knows who wants to slay him and who doesnt. That's probably why Nacrockski got a fake smile:cam:

How could you hear that interview and still doubt this guy???!!!!??????

Cam for prez 2012!!!!

Mr. Lombardi... We'll be seeing that trophy awfully soon!!!!!!!!!

Cam Newton is gonna make Marty Hurney and Ron Rivera look like Bill Bellicik before it's all said and done! WATCH if u don't belive me!

Archived