• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question about signing Kerry Collins

Brokenbad

Na, because Kasay has been here the whole time, he hasn't. So, that would be bullpoo. I would give it to Kasay.

I wouldn't want Collins to come back, wouldn't want him to sink back into alcoholism because we are forcing him to play for us.:rolleyes:

Agreed.

Plus, can you imagine the comments of "racism" if he were to come back.

Does anybody have a transcript of his ill fated interview?

Y'all know which one.......:D

Edit: Found it. He was lucky that it was Moose. Steve Smith would have, well, you know....

Professional football is not exempt from society's racial problems, although the National Football League is one area where blacks and whites cooperate on a daily basis. Consider the recent incident involving the Carolina quarterback Kerry Collins.

Collins apparently has the kind of relationship with a small group of black players on the team in which they can occasionally trade racial epithets, in jest, without offending one another. It has gone on for years and players say there have never been any problems.

But at a players-only party to celebrate the end of training camp several weeks ago, Collins, according to two players who were present, used a racial epithet with wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad, apparently thinking he had the same kind of leeway with Muhammad that he did with some of his other black teammates. In what context the racial slur was used is unclear.

Muhammad became highly upset, and an argument ensued. One player said it almost deteriorated into a fistfight. Eventually, things were calmed down and Collins apologized, according to several players who were at the party.

I'm selfish, I would love to see us re-sign Collins so I could get my circa '97 authentic Collins jersey signed, missed out the first time around when I originally bought it.

It depends on who else is availible and how long the CBA drags on.It would not be fair putting a rookie QB in the mix until he is ready,our wrs learn to get seperation and our OL proves capible of protecting him.

Cam does not seem to be much of a partyer (sp), not sure how well they would get along.

Then again, who knows? Is there a chance Collins could actually help Cam? Yes. Would I take that chance? I would rather not be put in that situation.

Anywho, GOOOO CATS!!!!!!!

A potential mentor that never took advantage of his god given talent, but chose to be an a$s and underachieve his whole career? No thanks.

Kerry Collins is completely immobile and has the slowest release in the history of football.

That aside, he's a three time pro bowl QB, one of three qbs to take 3 different teams to the playoffs, and set the record in the 2000 nfc championship game for setting records in a single game.

How is that underachieving?

I want Cam to start. If we had a team ready to make a run right now, I wouldn't mind grabbing Kerry.

He's not a bust though. He's been solid. I think he's matured a lot since being here too. The guy still has a rocket arm, and on a team with a good O-line, I think he can still be pretty dangerous.

I wouldn't mind grabbing him though, but I don't see that happening. I almost feel like we have to start Cam now.

Archived