• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Charlotte possess enough swag?

SCP

seriously though, if Cam lives up to his potential the Panthers will be in perennial playoff contention. I have my doubts about him, but I don't see him as the type that would turn down a massive contract to stay lol

I mean really, how many teams let a franchise quarterback leave in free agency? the only ones that come to mind are when the team already has a good quarterback waiting on the bench ready to take over.

It's an interesting question, if Cam really blows up will he be content to stay in Charlotte or will he want to go play for a larger market team?

Personally, I think if he is successful here he will want to stay and Charlotte is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. I think it also helps that he's originally from this region (ATL).

Most guys that come to Charlotte end up living here after their career is over, it's a great place to live as long as your not looking for hookers and cocaine (see Kris Jenkins).

Offseason/Strike Hypothetical:

Lets say Cam lives up to the hype and becomes what we all hope he will become. Is Charlotte big enough to keep Cam here long term? Will he embrace this city or hit the road like Lebron?

I think once he finds out Panthro calls this great city home, that Cam embraces this town and makes it his home as well.

What say you?

Absolutely, the Panthers can keep him forever.

The NFL is not like the NBA or Major League Baseball. They can keep him forever if they would like. Look at Peyton Manning in Indy. There are a bunch of other scenarios. He can't go somewhere to make more coin. It's forseeable that the best situation he could ever be in would be right here, especially if say, 3 or 4 years into his (hopefully) 7 year deal they offer him a long-term extension and extend him out 8 or 10 more years.

When you draft a QB #1 overall, the least concern is him leaping for greener pastures. I'd say franchises are hoping the guy is that kind of talent, and they'll take care of the rest.

If he's got game--I bet you he is a Panther for 15 years.

I am basically already on the bandwagon. So I am rooting for the he will stay crowd. Big name QBs rarely come on the market. The better your QB performs the better chance you have of becoming an elite team. So teams are reluctant to let them go.

Just my thoughts, and GOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!

what makes a small market and a big market different? number of fans?

Usually people base it on the size of the media market (how many people are buying newspapers and watching tv in a certain area).

This is the current tv market rankings by nielsen. We are a mid-market team at #24, but we pull in a lot of smaller markets in the area like Greenville-Spartanburg and the triad. The smallest market in the NFL is Greenbay at #75, but Milwaukee brings up their veiwership at #35

http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

Archived