• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Peppers signed last year

panther4life

and was happy, would u entertain trade offers on him?

If he had signed a long term contract last year and still performed the same as he did this year (obviously without being in a contract year) I would not solicit trade offers but I would always entertain trade offers, for any player on my team.

Entertaining trade offers for players is a sure fire way to lose the locker room. So you do not want to do it unless you are genuinely considering moving a player on.

Exactly. So the answer to the question is no. If he were here and happy there is no reason to even entertain the thought. But reality is he doesn't want to be here and really wants out and isn't under contract beyond his franchise tag.

Here it is. LINK

excerpt from the article as its on more then just peppers.

Julius Peppers turned down $90 million from the Panthers. Should the Panthers follow the track of the Patriots, who franchised Matt Cassel with the hope of getting draft choices for him? Are we about to see financial Armageddon with Peppers, Albert Haynesworth and DeMarcus Ware? On the surface it doesn’t make sense for Peppers to turn it down but at a closer review, it does make sense if the Panthers were not willing to guarantee as much as $40 million. Here’s the math these guys are looking at: The franchise number for Peppers and Ware is around $14 million. Add 10 percent to that number for the next year’s franchising and you have $30 million in virtual guaranteed money in two years.

Here it is. LINK

excerpt from the article as its on more then just peppers.

Julius Peppers turned down $90 million from the Panthers. Should the Panthers follow the track of the Patriots, who franchised Matt Cassel with the hope of getting draft choices for him? Are we about to see financial Armageddon with Peppers, Albert Haynesworth and DeMarcus Ware? On the surface it doesn’t make sense for Peppers to turn it down but at a closer review, it does make sense if the Panthers were not willing to guarantee as much as $40 million. Here’s the math these guys are looking at: The franchise number for Peppers and Ware is around $14 million. Add 10 percent to that number for the next year’s franchising and you have $30 million in virtual guaranteed money in two years.

haha. you edited your original post. it said something along the lines of "just heard peppers to tampa for 2 picks." that's what i was asking about...

Archived