• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney still quiet about Lucas...

#1 Panthers Fan

could we potentially send Pep and Lucas for a 1st rounder and another player?? or a boat load of picks??

I wondered the same thing. Maybe teams aren't offering enough for Peppers. If it will get more in trade, fine. They were probably going to cut him anyway. guy couldn't cover me.

BTW, first post, so go easy on me.

Even when you think Hurney says nothing sometimes you have to look deeper. He said that they felt good having all starters under contract for next season. I think Lucas is in the plans for next season. Sure they are listening to offers but I doubt they are on the phone shopping him around too much.

Even when you think Hurney says nothing sometimes you have to look deeper. He said that they felt good having all starters under contract for next season. I think Lucas is in the plans for next season. Sure they are listening to offers but I doubt they are on the phone shopping him around too much.

I'd agree and I think I do except for the cap room. Of course Delhomme has a much high cap count and nobody is freaking out that he hasn't been extended...

I'd agree and I think I do except for the cap room. Of course Delhomme has a much high cap count and nobody is freaking out that he hasn't been extended...

that's because we don't look at the big picture. We only focus on the tragedy of the week, and move on to the next one every week after...

Going back to the playoff game it was...

Us going 12-4 and losing to the Cards in the playoffs. It stung, losing is never fun. Then it was FIRE TRDO! Then it was FIRE FOX because TRDO LEFT. (off to a great start already...) Then it was Meeks is here, We are converting to Cover 2. Then it was, "oh, maybe we will stick with the same defense". Then, everyone is jumping ship, FIRE FOX... again. Following that up with Screw Peppers! We love Peppers! to Sign Gross, Forget Gross, Sign Pep, no, Sign Gross!

Now this week Lucas is the odd man out... And so is Marshall and Wilson. So therefore, naturally, Fox is coming up next. But, you brought up Delhomme not restructuring, so thanks for bringing that one up... lol

that's because we don't look at the big picture. We only focus on the tragedy of the week, and move on to the next one every week after...

Going back to the playoff game it was...

Us going 12-4 and losing to the Cards in the playoffs. It stung, losing is never fun. Then it was FIRE TRDO! Then it was FIRE FOX because TRDO LEFT. (off to a great start already...) Then it was Meeks is here, We are converting to Cover 2. Then it was, "oh, maybe we will stick with the same defense". Then, everyone is jumping ship, FIRE FOX... again. Following that up with Screw Peppers! We love Peppers! to Sign Gross, Forget Gross, Sign Pep, no, Sign Gross!

Now this week Lucas is the odd man out... And so is Marshall and Wilson. So therefore, naturally, Fox is coming up next. But, you brought up Delhomme not restructuring, so thanks for bringing that one up... lol

Your welcome Huddle malcontent!...

:lol:

Cap just got extended by 4 million!

Still I think Jake will get an extension this summer.

Notice Hurney also said a main priority was extending their younger players they wanted to keep. Gross and Peppers got extension offers in the summer before entering into their last year of free agency. T. Davis and Marshall perhaps this summer?

I think people forget how depleted we are on the D-line

with no cap room and no 1st rounder we have to put a lot of attention towards the d-line with little reasources

trading lucas, while it saves cap room, it creates a hole in the starting line up that can't be filled easily

If we keep Peppers we really don't need anyone on the D line if Lewis comes back healthy except for a few backups. If Peppers is traded we will have plenty of picks and cap space to make the moves we want. Foox said he fixed the offense last year and would do the same for the defense. I expect they will do just that. Probably bring in several guys looking for that diamond in the rough or retread like we found with Vincent.

As for Lucas we have the replacement, Marshall. If Meeks is as good as he is advertised with DBs, Marshall will be fine this year. All we need is a nickel and that shouldn't be too hard to find.

Archived