• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roy Williams, anybody?? Anybody?!?

Jangler

There may soon be only one Roy Williams on the Dallas Cowboys roster.

The Cowboys have contacted NFL teams trying to trade Williams, a five-time Pro Bowl safety in his seven seasons in Dallas, FOXSports.com has learned. If a deal can't be reached, Williams could be released to clear room for the Cowboys under the salary cap.

Williams played in only three games last season because of forearm injuries. Although regarded as a strong tackler, Williams has struggled in coverage and is no longer considered a good fit for Dallas' 3-4 scheme under head coach Wade Phillips.

Williams, 28, is scheduled to earn a $4.4 million base salary in 2009. He is under contract through 2010.

The Cowboys traded with Detroit for wide receiver Roy Williams during the 2008 season.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9269274/Source:-Cowboys-trying-to-trade-S-Roy-Williams

Just thought I would put it out there... :D

Upon seeing the thread title, I wasn't sure which Roy Williams we were speaking about.

Then I realized that it doesn't matter, because I don't really want to see either in a Panthers uniform.

haha yea one can't catch and the other can only make cheap shots at players. Anyone see when R. Williams was on cribs? he reminds me of the waterboy

Archived