• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton article on espn

"My complaint comes when some individuals in the media engage in irresponsible journalism that destroys someone's reputation," the coach wrote. "It takes a long time to repair a reputation, and sometimes that damage is impossible to recover from. In this case there were a lot of assumptions being made and criticisms being spun out of those assumptions; it was harming Cameron's reputation."

That's 100% truth right there...People (especially on here) hear one thing about a player and they believe its absolutely the truth...theirs always 3 sides to a story...His side, Their Side and The Truth...

That's 100% truth right there...People (especially on here) hear one thing about a player and they believe its absolutely the truth...theirs always 3 sides to a story...His side, Their Side and The Truth...

One thing to think about in Newtons situation and the media is that us Panther fans and Auburns fans as well, have looked deeper into whats going on with Cam by reading different articles and just doing a little bit of research on it......But most people outside of Auburn or Carolina, never have or nevcer will take the time to sort out what exactly happened, so they are left with a sort of brushed over image that the media leaves them. Thats what bugs me most about ESPN and other media outlets. They are so hell bent for a story, they will jump at anything and not give a crap about the full truth of the issue....

Good stuff, I understand folks qualifying this by making the "what else would you expect him to say" argument, but this goes beyond a coach just being loyal to one of his kids... just like the praise Cam received at the player-only workouts last week goes beyond a bunch of guys just being loyal to a teammate.

Good stuff, I understand folks qualifying this by making the "what else would you expect him to say" argument, but this goes beyond a coach just being loyal to one of his kids... just like the praise Cam received at the player-only workouts last week goes beyond a bunch of guys just being loyal to a teammate.

:iagree:

I love reading the comments of fellow CFB fans, because 90% of them hate Cam. It's almost like the relationship The Golden Calf of Bristol had with the national fans.

Having Cam as our QB is going to give the team a TON of attention and publicity, mostly from the people that are going to be rooting for him to fail. That's okay though, because he already knows how to handle pressure and scrutiny.

rofl @ john kasay. That loser cost us the bowl.

Screw that...He might've helped us get to the Super Bowl but he costed us the ultimate prize and probably one of the greatest comebacks...Till I hear otherwise I still believe he was paid off :cool:

i hope hes not a coward and choker like kasay

if he doesnt miss it'll be out of bounds anyways

:rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol:

I occasionally work as a contractor for a company called Get Motivated Seminars. They travel all over the country and let successful people give motivational speeches on life and such. I was in Birmingham doing a show a while back and they had Gene Chizik there speaking, and I gotta say, the guy is one of the most incredible speakers I've ever heard. He's just a great, great man of family, faith, and football. Really had a lot of great stuff to say. Even spoke with him for a minute after he was done speaking, and he's just a great person.

Until Cameron actually plays, I will reserve my judgement on his ability to lead this team. But nothing is going to stop the excitement I am feeling for the future of the Panthers.

I watched quite a few Auburn games last year, and if Cam can play even close to that level, we are all in for something special. And I for one cannot wait. Let's get this thing started already.

Just my thoughts, and GOOOOO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived