• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AMAZING breakdown on BIYOMBO's game (MUST READ)

Last year, we took a look at players coming to the NBA after playing at least as season overseas. This year we are going to be doing the same thing, and with Bismack Biyombo being drafted in the first round and a manageable buyout, he is definitely going to be in the NBA next season, which is why we are taking a look at him.

Bismack Biyombo took the world by storm by posting a triple double in the annual Hoop Summit game featuring the best prospects in the world. Despite playing just 13 games in the ACB (the Spanish Pro league and maybe the second best league in the world), Biyombo found himself as the #7 pick to the Charlotte Bobcats.

This article is by Sebastian Pruiti and it's a great read, it pretty much tells Bobcats fans what we are getting out of Biyombo this year (Also includes video analysis).

Full Article: http://nbaplaybook.com/2011/06/27/overseas-scouting-report-bismack-biyombo/

Definitely a great read and a well written article. Thanks

I am excited about his growth possibilities. But will have to take a wait and see approach to what kind of player he turns into... SOOO many over seas and some college players under achieve in the NBA compared to their expectations when drafted. So I am cautiously optimistic, while being realistic on the situation.

I watched that Nike Summit game and remember thinking, "Who is this guy?"

He was blocking everything, grabbing every board it seemed and was just a freak. It didnt occur to me until AFTER we drafted him that Biyombo was THAT guy.

Worst case scenario is he becomes a Ben Wallace type player. Watch that game against top high school competition(aka future lottery picks) and you will see how good he is on defense. I look at drafting him with this mindset - A defensive stopper in the post and if he ever can get his offense together, watch out.

Biyombo and Thomas are going to be a handful to score on down low.

I watched that Nike Summit game and remember thinking, "Who is this guy?"

He was blocking everything, grabbing every board it seemed and was just a freak. It didnt occur to me until AFTER we drafted him that Biyombo was THAT guy.

Worst case scenario is he becomes a Ben Wallace type player. Watch that game against top high school competition(aka future lottery picks) and you will see how good he is on defense. I look at drafting him with this mindset - A defensive stopper in the post and if he ever can get his offense together, watch out.

Biyombo and Thomas are going to be a handful to score on down low.

I would be extremely happy if he turned out be be as effective as Ben Wallace.

One year wonder European players have beent he flavor of the month for a few years now. Problem is that most do not pan out in the NBA. It was a risky pick, but one that the Bobcats feel strong about.

I just hope that he turns out better than our last diamond in the rough foreign player....Alexis "The French Pastry" Ajincia

Biyombo is already NBA ready body wise, unlike Ajinca ever was or will be. I think Biyombo steps in next season and is a very effective defender. Thats one thing we will be able to count on. Its a high risk bc you def want something out of him offensively, but BB is going to bring it on defense..beastly.

Dude could be the next Mutumbo, and I'd be happy with that.

I think with some coaching this guy can be something. I hope Oak comes back, especially after what he and the coaches did with Kwame.

It's really hard to tell, maybe his coaches in Spain etc. wanted him to focus on defense and pick and roll. Maybe he just needs coaching, and I'm sure that's what we were thinking when drafting this guy.

Being able to block at the rate he does, without getting in foul trouble, is a huge strength imo. I can't wait to see this guy play.

Biyombo is already NBA ready body wise, unlike Ajinca ever was or will be. I think Biyombo steps in next season and is a very effective defender. Thats one thing we will be able to count on. Its a high risk bc you def want something out of him offensively, but BB is going to bring it on defense..beastly.

I agree somewhat. I think he may grow maybe an inch taller and could definitely put on a little more [good] weight. If he does, he could be a monster on D.

Don't forget, and I am not saying that he will be, especially offensively, dwight howard was drafted at 18, he was 6'9"(3/4 inch shorter than BB) in bare feet and weighed 240 lbs(5 Less than BB), and he currently is listed at 6'11" 265, very similar to the growth i could see BB having over the next few years.

I just hope that he turns out better than our last diamond in the rough foreign player....Alexis "The French Pastry" Ajincia

Ajinca never passed the eyeball test. Plus Ajinca was a reach when the Bobs drafted him. He should have been a 2nd round pick that you take a flyer on in the hopes that he turns into a baller.

Archived