• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Umm Am I Missing Something?

chknwing

It's top 14 in 2012, top 12 in 2013, top 10 in 2014, top 8 in 2015, then finally unprotected in 2016.

So if Charlotte hasn't improved a ton in the next 4 years then it more then likely will be a lottery pick, other wise its more then likely going to be something like the 16th or 17th pick or so.

I forgot that the other 1st rounder from Portland is a 2013 pick.

Well the lottery is the top 14, but I get your point anyways.

Do you think Charlotte will be outside of the top 10 by 2014? I wouldn't bet on it. 2015 could be a good year for Charlotte, which is when I would bet the TT pick would end up being finalized.

lol, people poo talking these moves obviously know nothing of the REBUILDING PROCESS.

Had we stuck with Gerald, Jack, Nazr, and the rest we would be nothing more than a 38+ win team getting swept year after year.

For Gerald we get picks, for Nazr we get youth and talent, for Jack we get an expiring 'serviceable' wingman, and an even better pick.

Win-win in my eyes. Those of you complaining are probably the same fans with the mindset of just 'getting' into the playoffs and being satisfied with that.

Stay hammerin' those keys and fall in love with these moves in the next year, or two.

lol, people poo talking these moves obviously know nothing of the REBUILDING PROCESS.

Had we stuck with Gerald, Jack, Nazr, and the rest we would be nothing more than a 38+ win team getting swept year after year.

For Gerald we get picks, for Nazr we get youth and talent, for Jack we get an expiring 'serviceable' wingman, and an even better pick.

Win-win in my eyes. Those of you complaining are probably the same fans with the mindset of just 'getting' into the playoffs and being satisfied with that.

Stay hammerin' those keys and fall in love with these moves in the next year, or two.

Maggette's deal isn't an expiring. It has the same time left as Jax and slightly more money.

It took both GForce and Jack to get the 7th pick (plus some cap space, a player or two, and another pick to be named later).

I like going young. I don't like going young after going old for years and then burdening yourself with some pretty bad contracts in the process (when the hell do Diop and Carroll come off the books?).

The problem is that the Bobs are trying the OKC approach, but they don't have the draft savvy to pull that approach off. Plus, for all the talk of doing it the OKC way, they are only one boneheaded move by Portland away from being just a so-so team.

Rico, I agree with you that if we grade the most recent moves by the Bobs, we must give them an incomplete at this time since we don't know how these moves will pan out. It just seems stupid to put all of your eggs into this year's draft basket when the draft is so weak and next year's looks so great. If you want to deal Jax, deal him at the trade deadline this season.

Bobcats...hmm....

I'm hoping Bismack is coached up well on the offensive side because if he can bring that athleticism he has on D to the O, he could really turn out well.

As much as I love Walker, I really thought we would look at another 3, 4, or 5

I'm thinkin...if Anthony Davis bulks up, he would be great with next years pick

Well the lottery is the top 14, but I get your point anyways.

Do you think Charlotte will be outside of the top 10 by 2014? I wouldn't bet on it. 2015 could be a good year for Charlotte, which is when I would bet the TT pick would end up being finalized.

You mine telling me how the Panthers will do this season since you can read the future??

You mine telling me how the Panthers will do this season since you can read the future??

Now you are just being retarded. Trying to predict how good a team is going to be based on past performance and acquisitions/other changes made since that past performance is a cornerstone of being a sports fan. We do know that the Bobs went 34-48 last year and have since traded away their best player and their improving backup point guard. The Bobs have also killed the team morale (this was on display after the Wallace trade). However, the Bobs had some players that were improving (DJ, Hendo, White, Cunningham), so those players might make up partially for the talent drop.

Bottom line, I think the Bobs will win around 30 games next season.

As far as the Panthers, if you must know, I don't "mine" telling you how good they are going to be. The Panthers were a 2-14 team last year, though much better than their record indicated. With improved QB play, they could be once again a grind it out on the ground team that plays good STs and defense. The draft isn't going to be a huge help since they took a QB #1 and were without the 2nd round pick that they flushed away for AE. But the Panthers are getting some guys back from injury, and, provided that they resign their core players, might be looking at 6-9 wins which is very respectable in the NFC south.

Right now the Bobcats are in a good position for payroll finally . Diop and Carrol both have player options for the 2012-2013 season. Other then TT and maggette, all the bad payroll decisions are gone after the 2012 - 2013 season, possibly even after next season.

For this coming season, not counting the rookies and a slew of FA that the team has, the payroll sits at 47 million. 2012 season the payroll will be at 29 million or (39 million counting the options for diop/carrol) for 5 players, 7 players counting the two player options. Theres currently only one player on payroll for the 2013-2014 season and thats TT.

Right now the Bobcats have the 22nd lowest payroll in the league. Diop and Carrol both have player options for the 2012-2013 season. Other then TT and maggette, all the bad payroll decisions are gone after the 2012 - 2013 season, possibly even after next season.

For this coming season, not counting the rookies and a slew of FA that the team has, the payroll sits at 47 million. 2012 season the payroll will be at 29 million or (39 million counting the options for diop/carrol) for 5 players, 7 players counting the two player options. Theres currently only one player on payroll for the 2013-2014 season and thats TT.

You can bet that both will exercise their options and stay with the team.

Now you are just being retarded. Trying to predict how good a team is going to be based on past performance and acquisitions/other changes made since that past performance is a cornerstone of being a sports fan. We do know that the Bobs went 34-48 last year and have since traded away their best player and their improving backup point guard. The Bobs have also killed the team morale (this was on display after the Wallace trade). However, the Bobs had some players that were improving (DJ, Hendo, White, Cunningham), so those players might make up partially for the talent drop.

Bottom line, I think the Bobs will win around 30 games next season.

As far as the Panthers, if you must know, I don't "mine" telling you how good they are going to be. The Panthers were a 2-14 team last year, though much better than their record indicated. With improved QB play, they could be once again a grind it out on the ground team that plays good STs and defense. The draft isn't going to be a huge help since they took a QB #1 and were without the 2nd round pick that they flushed away for AE. But the Panthers are getting some guys back from injury, and, provided that they resign their core players, might be looking at 6-9 wins which is very respectable in the NFC south.

Now now, I was just messing with you. I pretty much agree with you on how the Cats and Panthers will be next year. The cats might not even win 30 next year, if they play a full season. But I think the Cats needed to start the rebuild and you cant do that with older vets like Jack and Gerald taking up cap space and playing time.

I loved both guys and it sucks they were moved, esp Gerald, but I think this was the best move for the future of the franchise. Cho is a very smart man and I have confidence in his vision and leadership and I think MJ will do all he can to make this team a winner, including spending money.

Now if we do have a bad season, we will likely get a pretty big star, esp if we get a top 3 pick. A guy like Barnes or the Davis kid from Kentucky, we will have a totally new core of guys who have talent and potential. This is what it takes to break out of our botton feeder status imo.

The problem is that the Bobs are trying the OKC approach, but they don't have the draft savvy to pull that approach off.

This opinion is based upon almost one month of our new GM being on the job, and none of the players he drafted having set foot on an NBA court. And I thought the Panthers forum was full of people who make snap judgements...

Now now, I was just messing with you. I pretty much agree with you on how the Cats and Panthers will be next year. The cats might not even win 30 next year, if they play a full season. But I think the Cats needed to start the rebuild and you cant do that with older vets like Jack and Gerald taking up cap space and playing time.

I loved both guys and it sucks they were moved, esp Gerald, but I think this was the best move for the future of the franchise. Cho is a very smart man and I have confidence in his vision and leadership and I think MJ will do all he can to make this team a winner, including spending money.

Now if we do have a bad season, we will likely get a pretty big star, esp if we get a top 3 pick. A guy like Barnes or the Davis kid from Kentucky, we will have a totally new core of guys who have talent and potential. This is what it takes to break out of our botton feeder status imo.

The best player in next year's draft (very tentative at this point) is Austin Rivers. Do you take him?

The best player in next year's draft (very tentative at this point) is Austin Rivers. Do you take him?

Your the only person on the planet who thinks Rivers is the best player in the draft next year.

Harrison Barnes and Anthony Davis are two guys who are generally considered to be the top two players as of now.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/6-23-2011-2012-nba-mock-draft/

This mock has Rivers as the 7th pick in the 2012 draft.

Rivers will prolly be the No. 1 over all pick. Hell, he could have been the no. 1 pick this season.

LOL, I guess there are two people in the world who think Rivers would go over Barnes, Davis, Sullenger or the 5 or so other players in the draft next year who are better than him.

Archived