• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cunningham now a RFA

HeatCheck

The Bobcats have submitted qualifying offer to Dante Cunningham. This makes him a RFA allowing us to match any offer from any other team. Would love to see him come back considering we are a bit thin at SF. He could always step over and play PF too but it looks like a lot of minutes will come from SF.

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/release_cunningham_110627.html

So, right now if the team holds onto Cunningham the roster is

PG - DJ, Walker

SG - Hendo, Carroll

SF - Maggette, Cunningham,

PF - Diaw, TT, White, Najera

C - Biyombo, Diop

I put Biyombo at Center, because I honestly don't know what the team is going to do there, the only real option is to resign Brown. That might be a bit tougher after his pretty decent last season. I would love to see Diaw traded for a center if possible.

PG - DJ, Walker

SG - Hendo, Carroll

C - Biyombo, Diop

I put Biyombo at Center, because I honestly don't know what the team is going to do there, the only real option is to resign Brown. That might be a bit tougher after his pretty decent last season. I would love to see Diaw traded for a center if possible.

Diop is out for the foreseeable future. Biyombo will have some foul problems (young bigs always do), so the Bobs will be looking for another big man.

I wouldn't call Biyombo a foul machine just yet. If you look at his write up on another thread he's amazingly good at not committing the foul, cause he jumps with discipline and doesn't just flail arms around or things like that. Granted, the NBA is different, but hopefully he'll come in and keep being smart.

I wouldn't call Biyombo a foul machine just yet. If you look at his write up on another thread he's amazingly good at not committing the foul, cause he jumps with discipline and doesn't just flail arms around or things like that. Granted, the NBA is different, but hopefully he'll come in and keep being smart.

It's just hard for young bigs to come into the NBA and not commit fouls in bulk. Regardless, no one wants Biyomba being the only healthy center on the roster next year.

PG - DJ, Walker

SG - Hendo, Carroll

C - Biyombo, Diop

----add in a top five pick next yr along with another first and we got makings of a contender.

Archived