• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeff Otah, any health updates?

Mojoman

Based on what?

His weight has not ballooned (like Jenkins' did). He has never shown up to camp out of shape.

Is he a very big man? Yes

Does carrying that weight take its toll on your body? Yes

Does being that large cause strain on yoru knees? Yes

But, he has never been out of shape as compared to an Offensive Lineman in the NFL. He has not shown up to camps overweight and out of condition.

His size is a factor with regards to injuries...but not more so than other OLinemen.

What I have gleaned from reports is that he apparently doesn't want to play though pain and is unwilling to play with an injury which is very common in the NFL and usually only takes 8-12 weeks to rehab at the outside.

What is confusing to me is that his senior year at Pittsburgh he apparently played a whole season with a sprained ankle. That was obviously very painful and he did it without complaint. So I don't know how that jibes with the fact that last year he was placed on IR for an injury and rehab that should have been completed by October at the latest.

peyton manning isn't throwing right now

all players play through pain, but most are smart enough to know when they shouldn't because it will lead to being out longer.

that doesn't always apply though. the game just has to be big enough, or the player stupid enough.

playing through pain in college = working towards a pay day

playing through pain in nfl = shortening career

You could easily say playing through pain in college is dangerous because it might eliminate the possibility of a pro career. Or that player's don't play through pain in the NFl because they get paid the same even though they are on IR. Lots of way to spin it.

But the injury Otah had was not career threatening, is considered very minor surgery and should have been resolved by October.

peyton manning isn't throwing right now

all players play through pain, but most are smart enough to know when they shouldn't because it will lead to being out longer.

that doesn't always apply though. the game just has to be big enough, or the player stupid enough.

Seriously?? Lets equate a player who has had 2 neck surgeries in the past 18 months not playing becuase by his own admission he is unable to get rehab from the trainer he trusts explicitly due to the lockout, with a player who was put on IR for a season because he has his meniscus scoped and repaired in June and should have been readu to play by September or October at the latest.

They are not in the same stratosphere let alone in the same ballpark.

Seriously?? Lets equate a player who has had 2 neck surgeries in the past 18 months not playing becuase by his own admission he is unable to get rehab from the trainer he trusts explicitly due to the lockout, with a player who was put on IR for a season because he has his meniscus scoped and repaired in June and should have been readu to play by September or October at the latest.

They are not in the same stratosphere let alone in the same ballpark.

Oh yea, and one is a future HOF who is easily top 5 of all time...

What I have gleaned from reports is that he apparently doesn't want to play though pain and is unwilling to play with an injury which is very common in the NFL and usually only takes 8-12 weeks to rehab at the outside.

What is confusing to me is that his senior year at Pittsburgh he apparently played a whole season with a sprained ankle. That was obviously very painful and he did it without complaint. So I don't know how that jibes with the fact that last year he was placed on IR for an injury and rehab that should have been completed by October at the latest.

I could buy the "not playing through pain" statement. His actions do provide evidence that this could definitely be true.

However, the salad and weight comments from others are bullshit to say the least.

Archived