• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last Update Before Lockout Officially Ends

NJPanthers12

-Salary cap will be closer to 130 then 120 million

-With a new CBA in place, a rookie wage scale, and the Panthers needing to spend money, they will be active in free agency

-Priorities in Order: Johnson, Williams, Davis, Anderson, Beason, Kalil, DT, CB

-Dolphins no longer a threat for Williams

-Williams will come down to Broncos vs Panthers

-Johnson will come down to Falcons vs Panthers

-Rosario will be brought back before King

-Ike Taylor will stay in Pitt, Aso could be headed to Houston, Joseph very likely to leave Cinci but there will be a big bidding war for him. Panthers will be in but I see him in Detroit.

-After those 3 the Panthers will show interest in Rogers and Jennings

-Marshall could come back if he lowers his outrageous demands. I get the sense the Panthers rather have Marshall back over Rogers and Jennings.

-I would not be to worried about Cofield to the Redskins. Cullen Jenkins to the Redskins is pretty much a lock and there is no way Franklin returns to the 49ers. The Redskins like Franklin more then Cofield.

-Still hearing Clausen unlikley to start opening day unless he is lights out in preseason. So not likely

My next update will come the night before free agency starts.

When are you anticipating the lockout to officially end? And are we still gonna go after Braylon Edwards?

I was never given an exact date for when the lockout will end, but it is very close. I was told that the reports of them being close is true and that there will be a window for teams to bring back their free agents before free agency starts.

Edwards will only be looked at if Smith is traded. If that Panthers keep Smith it is unlikley a WR will be brought in. They will have:

Smith/Gettis/LaFell/Pilares/Edwards/Martin/Wright/Guy

They are very unlikely to cut Edwards after one season and they really like both Martin and Wright as special team guys. The last regime also loved Guy so he will have a shot in training camp. Most likely the final spot will go to Wright if he is healthy.

Is free agency going to be going on full bore during training camp or will everything be settled down by then? It just seems like a lot is about to happen in the next two-three weeks. I can't imagine being in training and then bringing in a bigtime FA like coefield or Joseph.

I was never given an exact date for when the lockout will end, but it is very close. I was told that the reports of them being close is true and that there will be a window for teams to bring back their free agents before free agency starts.

Edwards will only be looked at if Smith is traded. If that Panthers keep Smith it is unlikley a WR will be brought in. They will have:

Smith/Gettis/LaFell/Pilares/Edwards/Martin/Wright/Guy

They are very unlikely to cut Edwards after one season and they really like both Martin and Wright as special team guys. The last regime also loved Guy so he will have a shot in training camp. Most likely the final spot will go to Wright if he is healthy.

why would anyone think they would cut edwards? he hasnt been given a shot yet.

From what I've understood is that the team's would have 3 days to sign their own players, then FA period would be for 3-4 days after that. Meaning FA would go from the 28th - 31st of July.

Also Awesome on the Cap, the highest I've heard was 126 million plus the 21 for player benefits.

From what I've understood is that the team's would have 3 days to sign their own players, then FA period would be for 3-4 days after that. Meaning FA would go from the 28th - 31st of July.

Also Awesome on the Cap, the highest I've heard was 126 million plus the 21 for player benefits.

I heard something very similar to this as well. You are deinitely right about the 3 day period to sign your own free agents, I just was not aware that free agency would actually be so short, 3-4 days. To answer the question about the Panthers bringing a big free agent in during training camp, the answer is no. All of the big free agents will be signed very quickly. I do not know if anyone follows hockey, but expect free agency to be like that. There is tons of news the first 2 days, especially the first, and then it quiets down. All the big names will be signed relatively fast.

One thing I forgot to put in my original post, this free agency could be similar to the year we brought Wahle and Lucas in early in free agency. The Panthers could be walk away from day 1 with a big named DT and CB.

If the figure is actually the 126 - 130 number that is definitely possible, if it's the 120 one that's being talked about in the press, then I see only one of those being possible.

It would be nice to walk away from the first day of FA with Cofield and Joseph. < dreaming. lol

Also on the FA being so short it has to be, the first game is August 7th. They can't have a week long FA period, they have to at least give the two teams in the First pre season game a chance to get players adjusted to scheme and so forth by some degree.

Archived