• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who wants to move to downtown LA!

g5jamz

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-armstrong-downtown-20110717,0,2469792.story

"Look, Daddy, that man's going to the bathroom!"

No, not the words any daddy wants to hear from his 10-year-old daughter, especially during a stroll through their brand-new neighborhood.

Moving my wife and kids into a downtown Los Angeles loft may not win me "Dumbest Dad of the Year" honors, but it should at least get me into the quarterfinals. The loft itself was great. More like a movie set than an apartment. High ceilings, new appliances, breathtaking views and a deck with a Jacuzzi that was used at least once every six months during our year there. It wasn't what was inside the building that broke the deal; it was what was out there on the mean and strange streets of downtown Los Angeles.

Why we moved there is academic. More space for less money, a new environment, cool restaurants and various other meaningless enticements. I got sucked in; I was wrong, and I admit it. I've apologized to everybody involved, and I will continue to do so until I am either dead or forgiven. In the meantime, let me tell you about my downtown L.A.

Sign me up.

yeah having things to do blows

I don't live far from the city, I'm about an hour from both SD and LA, but I'm in a rural area on the outskirts of the suburbs. I have plenty to do within my driving distance. I also have privacy and the ability to poo, snore, and shoot guns without anyone hearing it.

Living in a big city is just too cramped for me. I guess it just takes a different breed.

Archived