• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huh, Peppers...

mantal

I disagree. We have until the draft to make something happen. Then after the draft we pick up some cast offs (aka..Bridges) like we have before. We will be ok and we don't need to make a desperate move like the Patriots made. Peppers is going to be payed a lot of money but, he won't be on the bench......big difference. If we get JP to buy into our new scheme before the draft and re-up then we go in a different direction on draft day.....if not then we draft to replace him. Hurney is going to do what is best for this org. It might not be what we think is best but, I trust him to do the right thing.

ps. IMO...this whole situation is in JP's hands. He has the power to make things work. One way or the other.

Good points. You're right in many aspects, but I just at least want some foreshadowing as to what we're looking at doing with him. It just sucks knowing there are some players out there right now that could help us without breaking the bank for them and we can't get them because of our cap situation.

YOU hear that everybody?

forum's are not meant for discussion and opinions and rhetorics. It's all about posting that you are content with the team and if you arent you are not a real fan and you all need to support hurney and have the same opinion as him on everything whether it's where Peppers goes or what dress your wife should buy.

SO SIT DOWN SHUT UP AND STOP COMPLAINING BECAUSE THE OP SAID SO AND IF YOU DON'T HE IS GOING TO BE VERY VERY MAD AT YOU AND SHUN YOU FROM HIS ELITE SOCIAL CLUB OF INTELLIGENCE!

Personally, I don't think we have allot of needs to address in FA. It would be nice to get out from under that 17 million cap figure - but I think it's pretty clear at this point that the Panthers plan on keeping Peppers unless someone makes an offer they can't refuse, or it becomes clear that Peppers is going to hold out or otherwise become a distraction.

Like Peppers or not, I don't see anyone on the roster I think is capable of 14.5 sacks right now. We could get a first round pick for him in a trade - but the draft is speculative and there's no way of knowing whether or not a guy you draft to replace Peppers is capable of his production.

Archived