• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DeAngelo Williams stays in Carolina 5 years 43 mil 21 guaranteed

The Saltman

i'd pay him 4-8 million a year just to stay healthy...but odds are he won't, and will be gone before the contract is up.

ONLY HAVE 1 thing to say......... (MAYBE 2)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Everyone knows you were wishing the would let Williams walk..... Funny not even your boy #28 wanted that.....

You people are never f**king happy. I don't give a f**k how much damn money he's getting payed, I'm just glad that he's coming back to the team.

Yup, Goodson and Sutton may be good RBs....don't know for sure. But we do know DWill is a good RB.

Goodson and Sutton are still a big ?, we have TWO solid backs. What other offensive player can you guys name we could of signed who would have a bigger impact? There is NONE. Not with our rookie QB.

JR does always hold onto players but Dwill seems to be the only one as of now, and I don't mind having him until he is 33.

Ummmm guys, you're way overreacting with the contracts.

Eric Weddle just got a deal for 8 mil a year, Cofield was signed for 6 mil a year, Holmes is getting 10 mil a year, Posluszny's getting around 7 and a half... How is Dwill's contract out of the norm? He's a top FA. I can understand wanting a DT or CB over Dwill, but that's something else. We still didn't overpay for him.

Ummmm guys, you're way overreacting with the contracts.

Eric Weddle just got a deal for 8 mil a year, Cofield was signed for 6 mil a year, Holmes is getting 10 mil a year, Posluszny's getting around 7 and a half... How is Dwill's contract out of the norm? He's a top FA. I can understand wanting a DT or CB over Dwill, but that's something else. We still didn't overpay for him.

Because he splits carries, and is almost 30 an, has had injury problems.

Because he splits carries, and is almost 30 an, has had injury problems.

He's still one of the best talents out there and he's still productive. fug, how many RB's don't split carries? Do you guys really think abother team could've gotten Dwill for much cheaper? Let's not kid ourselves. It's not even close to the biggest contract out there. I really think people need to calm down.

I really don't understand the logic behind this. DeAngelo is a veteran back who has been declining the past 2 seasons and hasn't been able to stay healthy. He may help this season but it doesn't make sense long-term. Especially when you have a 1st round pick as his backup. Plus Mike Goodson has shown he is very effective change-of-pace back. How many running backs do you need?

ONLY HAVE 1 thing to say......... (MAYBE 2)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Everyone knows you were wishing the would let Williams walk..... Funny not even your boy #28 wanted that.....

how long have you been on hiatus?

everybody...except you...knows that i've said williams should be resigned, and have been saying it for quite some time.

...but i've also said there's no way he should get paid a monster contract, just like half huddle.

Williams is the kind of guy you want to pay that much money to, both on the field and off..Chris Johnson however is continually showing he's just waiting for that big paycheck before he can put it all in cruise control.

For the folks still scratching their head or complaining:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/22820/validating-deangelo-williams-deal

By Pat Yasinskas

We’ve got some evidence that running back DeAngelo Williams is worth the $43 million contract he agreed to with the Carolina Panthers on Wednesday.

Although his total rushing yards might not be outrageous since he shares carries with Jonathan Stewart, no running back has made more of his opportunities than Williams.

In his five seasons in the NFL, no players has a higher yards per rush average, with a minimum of 500 attempts. That’s according to ESPN Stats & Information. Here’s a look at the running backs with the best average over the past five seasons.

Williams 5.0

Chris Johnson 4.9

Ahmad Bradshaw 4.8

Adrian Peterson 4.8

so basically...he dat deal

Archived