• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derek Anderson Interview

Lilsmitty09

Not sure why anyone would be surprised by anything he said. Nothing that hasn't been said before about his role on the team. Refreshing to hear him say it though I guess.

I'm surprised he admitted he's basically played like sh*t

Eh, slightly more open to have Anderson on the team. Although I'd still prefer several other QB's then him to come in and help teach, I guess his past with Chud is what got him the job (familiar with the type of play, etc).

Find it telling that he keeps mentioning that he's here to teach "Cam and Jimmy." So long Pike.

I just teared up a bit. ;(

honestly i think this is a camp battle between anderson and newton. i dont think anderson woulda came here thinking he had no shot of playing, and i dont think the coaching staff has any faith in clausen.

*prays for cam to be too godly to sit week one*

honestly i think this is a camp battle between anderson and newton. i dont think anderson woulda came here thinking he had no shot of playing, and i dont think the coaching staff has any faith in clausen.

*prays for cam to be too godly to sit week one*

I think the opposite actually. They have to see that Clausen came in on the notion of being the backup for Moore, and probably prepared himself as such. The coaching staff last year didn't do anything for him, sadly. They would be fools not to see what he can do with better coach's, and actually give him a chance at competing for the starting job.

Anderson had one good year, honestly. All of his seasons but two (one was very narrow) he has had more interceptions then touchdowns, even in his 29 TD year he threw for 19 interceptions. Although Clausen did throw for 3/9 (touchdown/interception) last year, as I mentioned above he was suppose to play backup behind Moore, and even then didn't have proper coaching in my mind.

Go with the proven unstable, older Anderson or go for the younger Clausen that didn't have much of anything going for him last year (Anderson did, good wide receivers, like three of them compared to Clausen only having Smithy and even missed him for a game or so, I remember the exact number). Clausen goes to second string in all likely hood, and Anderson competes for third string with Pike (I even have Pike winning over Anderson).

Archived