• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8/6 Practice (and Fan Fest)

Ruff

Hey guys/gals,

First off, thanks for RT’ing my Tweets during camp session, and at FanFest. You guys run a good show over here. Appreciate your support.

This is my first year covering the team. My credentials? Well, first off, I’m no Darin Gantt. I have been a contributor to the Greenville News and Spartanburg Herald-Journal since 2003. Primary duties: HS Football, Clemson FB, Wofford FB. Have most recently worked the “Escape” section of the SHJ, their weekly entertainment section.

Main gig is radio. I work for a company called Entercom, which owns stations from Greenville to Boston to San Fran. Our stations range from classic rock, alternative, a/c and talk. So, loooong story short, I am on assignment to grab audio and work interviews. I am also there to pitch stories to my editor in SPBG.

My side project is this website: www.the212radio.com. It’s upstart, but we’re working hard to give you two things here: the fastest, most accurate updates on the team via-twitter (@johnellis212), and a more thorough delivery of Panthers content on the website.

With respect to the beat guys and columnists, they have the “Cam’s Smile will Carry Charlotte” angle down already. We’re diving DEEP into the nuance of the game (formations, execution, philosophies), as well as getting the scoop on transactions and injuries out there quickly (our site was amongst the first sources regionally to pick up on the Chevis Jackson signing—who actually may contribute more than some are telling you)

I played football in HS, have studied the game intently to coach it at some point, and my brother is in training to play D-1 ball as a QB.

So…there…I am sorry for the shameless plug, but wanted to let you know that you’re not getting twitter feeds from some creep who snuck in the back door (or, are you???)

Thanks for the support again, and keep checking us out on Twitter and the212daily.com

Best!

John Ellis

PS: :jc: (saw it...had to do it)

Dude, this is awesome.

We are glad to have you here, keep those updates coming.

Dude, this is awesome.

We are glad to have you here, keep those updates coming.

Thanks man. A wise man recently told me:

"Break what you can sooner than anyone on twitter, then....take your time on the storylines. Be thorough on the follow-up"

Reed, Sorensen, Person...all those guys have hard deadlines, so they have to pump the work out quick. I have more time to do analysis, which is my forte anyway.

Thanks for the support!

Glad you are on the Huddle John. I have been following you on the twitter and you have been pretty awesome throughout camp.

Yet I wonder how long it will take for this site to break you. It is a strange and difficult place at times. It can make many sane and reasonable people unreasonably insane. I hope you stick around for a long time.

You will also find the the Huddle is an awesome place to be for Panther's fans.

Mav as far as Clausen, I saw a solid improvement. His best throw in my opinion was when he commanded the pocket, stepped up in it and delivered a good pass to Shockey for about 15 yards. He does seem to lack the presence to step up sometimes and throw deep but some of the plays people were bitching about were not checkdowns, that was his hot read.

Went to FF today and got a couple of nice pics. Here's a shot of Cam on the 60+ yard strike to Clowney. Looks like he probably would have been sacked in the pic but it seemed in real time that he just got it off. There was a palpable excitement when Cam was under center, I can't wait!

t0aMml.jpg

"Cam is a superior athlete," Panthers receiver Steve Smith says. "I mean, he's on his back foot throwing 50-yard passes. I'm not going to sit here every week and say, 'How good is Cam?' He didn't win the Heisman Trophy because it was bad counting."

Glad to hear good things about Bender. We haven't had a good backup LT in years. Looks like its between Robinson and Williams for that last OL spot. If Robinson fails, Ziemba can be the backup RG with Williams as backup RT. If Williams fails, Ziemba can be the backup RT with Robinson backup RG.

Archived