• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good interviews on 610 from training camp this morning

Johnny Rockets

Was driving into work this morning and WFNZ 610 is broadcasting from training camp today. Had Rivera on around 7:30a, then had Otah and Godfrey on together after that. Pretty sure they will be doing interviews all morning at least until camp starts around 10a. I am sure the interviews will all be podcasted later today if you can't listen live.

That is my good, charitable deed for the day.

They also had TD and Captain on before Rivera. TD is pretty funny. At the end of the interview the host thanked them for coming on the radio and TD said the Captain had to come on the radio cause he had a face too ugly for TV. TD was cracking on him the whole interview but all in good fun.

Rivera said that we would be fine at CB and DT because it took 11 men working together to be good, not individual star players. Asked if you could name all 11 guys from the SD defense last year.

Danny Morrison on now.

Rivera also mentioned that he would be involved in some defensive play calling when needed but he and McDermott have the same Jim Johnson philosophy......attack.

Godfrey seemed happy that there is a lot of moving around on defense and was excited that they have more than one all out safety blitz packages.

Otah mentioned that the defensive playbook is big but the offensive playbook is huge. He also sounds on the radio like he could pick up a buick and swallow it whole. I am not sure how exactly you can tell a mans size on the radio, but you can.

Rivera also mentioned that he would be involved in some defensive play calling when needed but he and McDermott have the same Jim Johnson philosophy......attack.

Godfrey seemed happy that there is a lot of moving around on defense and was excited that they have more than one all out safety blitz packages.

Otah mentioned that the defensive playbook is big but the offensive playbook is huge. He also sounds on the radio like he could pick up a buick and swallow it whole. I am not sure how exactly you can tell a mans size on the radio, but you can.

i've seen otah at the teeter downtown on regular basis & can tell you he is as big as he sounds

I'd like to hear an interview with McDermott and see how he thinks things are sizing up.

It would be coach speak.

"well you know we have a lot of talent on this team (name mainstream players) and we have somethings to install still. Its a process. ec etc"

they are interviewing hurney right now.

trying to get out of him who will start.

also asking about CB situation.

"certainly thats a spot where u look", we have some young guys who are competing and doing well....you don't know what's going to be out there. couldn't add a veteran in offseason...we think young guys can compete, but always looking for options. have to be patient and wait and keep an eye out

Here is the link to the interviews:

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2011/08/09/panthers-davis-munnerlyn-otah-and-godfrey-join-the-mac-attack/

8/9/11 – The guys were down in Spartanburg and had a chance to sit down with two pairs of Panthers. First up were Thomas Davis and Captain Munnerly. When they weren’t trash talking each others schools and each others speed, they were excitedly talking about the new defensive scheme.

Tackle Jeff Otah and Safety Charles Godfrey joined the guys to talk about Jeff’s return, comparing playbooks, and motivation heading into the season.

Archived