• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this doesn't make you laugh then nothing will..

unicar15

NE drafted a QB in the 3rd round last year I think..The O'Connell kid.

You are right they had 2 -3rd rounders and picked him up with the 94th pick. No guarantee he will start anytime soon though. They also picked up a guy in free agency this year.

They do seem to be able to develop quarterbacks though. Hopefully our new quarterback coach will be able to do the same. You know we will likely pick up a few undrafted guys unless someone falls to us in the second day we take a chance on him.

The real problem is that you only keep 3 guys and one back-up has to be a vet who can come in and start if the starter goes down. That only really allows you to try and develop one guy at a time. If you miss with that guy it means you have to start all over again.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hmmmm...trying to figure out how you can love Cassel more than you love Moore when you judge only COLLEGE AND PRESEASON PRODUCTION... and NOT regular season play.

Belichick has NEVER EVER EVER drafted a QB in the first round...ever. So he's a major dope, I get it. :P I have read in multiple places that they feel that drafting QBs in the mid to latter rounds is a good value pick and they like to develop them because they have value. Well Cassel proved them right. But so far he is the only one they drafted as a backup to Brady who has. The others are no longer in the NFL. Why? Well some of it is that it is a very, very hard position to draft correctly regardless of the team.

I do curse the faction that decided to smite down NFLE because that is a great way to try to develop younger later round QBs since they likely cannot get that type of play time on their teams.

I am not in the camp that they shouldn't look at the future and draft someone in the 2 or below rounds. However, as others have noted, the class sux this year. And I think that to try to HOPE that one of the two first rounders, who are iffy to begin with and for which they would have to trade back into the first round to get would be a silly move this year. A Trent Edwards type guy falls into your lap this year though? Take him (Round 3+, I still think 2 should be on defense if possible).

There is no evidence to prove that or disprove that. But in the end if you listen to Smitty himself he admits that no one else can get him the ball like Jake does. And no one that has played for us has been successful getting the ball to Smith except for Jake. That includes Testeverde, Carr, Moore, Weinke and whoever. Even when Weinke threw for 400 yards against the Giants, Smith got only 5 catches and 67 yards.

Weinke threw like 50 times that game. Just because Steve is a loyal person and has only had 1 decent QBs throw to him compared to developing qbs/crap doesn't mean Jake is the only qb in the nfl who can get him the ball.

I hope you realize Cassel pretty much sucks. He's nothing more than a system QB.

And Moore is a talentless scrub who will be lucky to be in pro football in 3 years, and if he is it will be the AFL or in Canada.

And Moore is a talentless scrub who will be lucky to be in pro football in 3 years, and if he is it will be the AFL or in Canada.

So, what in the hell are you using for evidence? There is no way in hell you're judging Moore by what he's done in his regular season starts, because he was pretty damn good, when you consider the situation he was in...he was an undrafted rookie who wasn't even in TC with the Panthers in 07, yet he outplayed two veterans who were both former 1st rounders.

Basically, he and Cassel both had one pretty good year apiece, but Moore did it as a rookie who was still trying to learn his second NFL offense. That's pretty damn impressive to me. I don't give a rat's ass about his pre season games.

What makes you think that we know every player that the front office is evaluating and considering?

Is it because the Panthers are historically the type of organization who regularly shares the inner workings of the team with the media? Or is it because NFL teams regularly announce to the rest of the league, "hey everybody, we are really interested in this guy and we plan on drafting him."

Hmmmm...trying to figure out how you can love Cassel more than you love Moore when you judge only COLLEGE AND PRESEASON PRODUCTION... and NOT regular season play.

Belichick has NEVER EVER EVER drafted a QB in the first round...ever. So he's a major dope, I get it. :P I have read in multiple places that they feel that drafting QBs in the mid to latter rounds is a good value pick and they like to develop them because they have value. Well Cassel proved them right. But so far he is the only one they drafted as a backup to Brady who has. The others are no longer in the NFL. Why? Well some of it is that it is a very, very hard position to draft correctly regardless of the team.

I do curse the faction that decided to smite down NFLE because that is a great way to try to develop younger later round QBs since they likely cannot get that type of play time on their teams.

I am not in the camp that they shouldn't look at the future and draft someone in the 2 or below rounds. However, as others have noted, the class sux this year. And I think that to try to HOPE that one of the two first rounders, who are iffy to begin with and for which they would have to trade back into the first round to get would be a silly move this year. A Trent Edwards type guy falls into your lap this year though? Take him (Round 3+, I still think 2 should be on defense if possible).

I've seen some sites (some major ones at that) have three QB's with first round grades. I don't see any of them being worth a top ten selection. Two of them I don't even consider First round grade. Just a weak year imo.

The COLTS are working out Mark Sanchez. The Indianapolis freakin Colts are working out a QB...how is the team with the best QB in the league working a guy out and the PANTHERS haven't even sniffed a first round QB and our guy is Jake Delhomme?? Granted they probably are not going to draft this guy but it just gives you a little perspective as to how stubborn this organization is with drafting first round QBs..

i realy dont think its that crazy for them to be working out sanchez, IMO every good team should have a quality backup, look at the pats, brady goes down, cassel comes in they go 11-5, or the titans. vince young goes down, collins comes in and they have a great season. so i dont thnk its that crazy for the colts to bring in a good backup for peyton, espeicially considering hes starting to get older n sanchez was considred by alot of people to be a guy that still needed to develop a little bit. so let him play behind the best qb in the nfl for a couple years n hell be more than ready to step in if hes needed

So, what in the hell are you using for evidence? There is no way in hell you're judging Moore by what he's done in his regular season starts, because he was pretty damn good, when you consider the situation he was in...he was an undrafted rookie who wasn't even in TC with the Panthers in 07, yet he outplayed two veterans who were both former 1st rounders.

Basically, he and Cassel both had one pretty good year apiece, but Moore did it as a rookie who was still trying to learn his second NFL offense. That's pretty damn impressive to me. I don't give a rat's ass about his pre season games.

My evidence is his overall lack of ability and talent, the fact that he was mediocre in his 3 college stops, the fact that in those 3 games people like to ******* themselves over they were throwaway games and he wasnt very good in them anyway, and yes this preseason where he was beyond awful.

My evidence is his overall lack of ability and talent, the fact that he was mediocre in his 3 college stops, the fact that in those 3 games people like to ******* themselves over they were throwaway games and he wasnt very good in them anyway, and yes this preseason where he was beyond awful.

Umm, no?

I find nothing in your argument to validate...

Archived