• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this doesn't make you laugh then nothing will..

unicar15

Sanchez = one year wonder, system QB. Pete Carroll knows he's not ready for the NFL. Matt Lineart was a stronger prospect coming out of USC and look where he is...

I'm not saying Sanchez won't be sucessful, but he's a longshot right now... any team that spends a first round pick on this guy is more likely than not to regret it.

there is no reason to go to extremes. The OP merely documented that teams have to plan for the future at that position and I thought it made us look silly since we are so poor at the QB spot.

Should we be sold on our QB three-deep right now? I'm definitely not.

Again who do we pick up as a quarterback that is better than McCown or Moore and will be cheaper? Because if they aren't cheaper or significantly better you don't replace veterans who are familiar with your system by new guys on a big learning curve unless they are a serious upgrade.

there is no reason to go to extremes. The OP merely documented that teams have to plan for the future at that position and I thought it made us look silly since we are so poor at the QB spot.

Should we be sold on our QB three-deep right now? I'm definitely not.

So you think Mark Sanchez is better than McCown or Moore? I don't. Nor do I think that Indy is such a model franchise. For all the regular season games they've won over the last 10 years, they have exactly 1 Super Bowl trophy to show for it. I find it ironic that they are the team the thread starter is putting out there as an example for the Panthers to follow, when the Panthers just went 12-4, won their division, and got beat in the play offs...the Colts have been doing that for years. Not to mention that they have the same philosophy of building through the draft that the Panthers are being criticized for.

And like I've pointed out before, the Panthers work out players every year too. They even attended Matt Ryan's pro day last year...so what? It doesn't mean anything, except that they're doing due dilligence. All 32 teams do the same thing. The only reason this is even news, is because the Colts already have Peyton Manning.

So you think Mark Sanchez is better than McCown or Moore? I don't. Nor do I think that Indy is such a model franchise. For all the regular season games they've won over the last 10 years, they have exactly 1 Super Bowl trophy to show for it. I find it ironic that they are the team the thread starter is putting out there as an example for the Panthers to follow, when the Panthers just went 12-4, won their division, and got beat in the play offs...the Colts have been doing that for years.

And like I've pointed out before, the Panthers work out players every year too. They even attended Matt Ryan's pro day last year...so what? It doesn't mean anything, except that they're doing due dilligence. All 32 teams do the same thing. The only reason this is even news, is because the Colts already have Peyton Manning.

Very well put. We can only hope that they are doing their due diligence this season too.

The only reason this is even news, is because the Colts already have Peyton Manning.

This seems like a very good reason for it to make news to me.

Very well put. We can only hope that they are doing their due diligence this season too.

This seems like a very good reason for it to make news to me.

I'm confused. If you agree with everything I'm saying, then how can you be so mad at our FO? I mean, who are they supposed to be going after? Even if they had just released Peppers like you wanted, it wouldn't have helped them get a starting caliber FA QB, or a DT who's any better than what we already have. There is no way in hell the Panthers were gonna outbid the Redskins for Haynesworth even if they did have the cap room, and I don't blame them.

Sooo....what do you want?

Congrats! 100+ posts that come from a thread that could've easily been summed up with these words:

They scout everybody.

Do you honestly believe that any NFL team doesn't scout a position they have a starter for? Do you believe if the Colts were so gung ho about Sanchez they'd be seen drooling all over him?

NFL teams aren't that stupid. We had a first round prospect in here and performed surgery on him. Do you know how freaking remarkable that is? Did you hear about it before the draft? No. Teams aren't this stupid. But a hundred posts later, it's how "Indy is so smart for adequately preparing for the draft."

Always thought that this was the biggest pile of poo I've ever heard whenever someone used it to defend Delhomme.

Yeah bc if he threw half of the dogshit passes that he has completed to Smitty they would be picked off or dropped by other receivers.

JAKE BLOWS!!! We are winning despite him. Fox saying he is our guy is as lame as Lovey Smith stickin by Turnoversaurus Rex Grossman solely bc they were winning

Archived