• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Worst Tipping Celebrities.

Floppin

\\\

Actually just walking up to a window is an option. It is called FAST FOOD. Servers make 2.14 an HOUR. So if they have to deal with a non tipping cheapskate for an hour they are basically making less than minimum wage.

Also many seem to want to look down their noses at servers and tell them to get a "real" job = flat wage. BUT the fact is if you want good service you may want to pay for it. You get what you pay for and if you don't tip i would be careful not to go to the same restaurant too many times cause you will eventually be blacklisted and will not get good service. One drink no refills, no condiments unless you count the secret sauce, and basically being ignored.

It's called 'ringing' and it's very real. If your a cheap bastard and you don't leave anything, I would recommend not eating there more than twice. Although we don't do it at my place, I know it exists. The server will let the kitchen know and you can expect a lower quality meal(small less marbled steak/salmon end cut/prime rib end cut/etc)

There is a rather large family that eats at my restaurant every Sunday after church, they leave nothing on checks around $250+. I'll usually go to my own pocket for the server, nothing major but I'll float her $10 and a free meal.

I won't let anything interfere with the quality of my food, but I'm also not going to crack the whip on my servers. The servers know their regulars and the ones that tip, get top notch service, those that don't, well just don't expect quick re-fills or extra rolls.

I was a server, then bartender, then owner. I am out of the biz now, but at one time was very much into it.

Personally, I have rarely ever gotten bad service. Curious where you folks go that talk about it like it happens often. Maybe chili's or applebees....I don't know.

If you are nice to people, they will be nice to you back. Ask them what their name is, and what most of their regulars prefer from the menu. Keep a smile on your face. If you do that, I can almost promise that you will get above average service.

As to the cheapos out there, stay home if you can't afford 20%. It's just better for everyone that way.

But isn't that pretty ass backwards?

The way that reads, if I want top shelf service in your restaurant then I have to be a regular with an established history of generous tipping.

Exactly, if a server knows that the 4-top that just got sat are big tippers and she also has a 4-top of first time customers, who do you think is getting the better service?

Archived