• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blue Screen Trouble/Tech Support?

Starscream

Anybody good with computers that might be willing to help before I have to take my PC to the shop?

I try to start my PC and this is what pops up:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000O24 (0x00190203,0x86F84220,0xC0000102,0xO0000000)

I've restarted my computer numerous times, only to have the blue screen pop up once again.

Anybody that can help here, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Most likely it's Windows hosing and you'll need to format/reload Windows. Sometimes hardware can cause this but mostly, Windows. You'll lose all your data when you format/reload, but someone could hook your hard-drive up as a slave drive to their PC (meaning not the primary where it loads windows) and pull your files over before hand.

Most likely it's Windows hosing and you'll need to format/reload Windows. Sometimes hardware can cause this but mostly, Windows. You'll lose all your data when you format/reload, but someone could hook your hard-drive up as a slave drive to their PC (meaning not the primary where it loads windows) and pull your files over before hand.

So technically, if I want to save all my pics and documents on my hard drive, I'd better take it to a shop, I'm guessing?

Anybody good with computers that might be willing to help before I have to take my PC to the shop?

I try to start my PC and this is what pops up:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000O24 (0x00190203,0x86F84220,0xC0000102,0xO0000000)

I've restarted my computer numerous times, only to have the blue screen pop up once again.

Anybody that can help here, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I assume you have hard restarted your computer and it will not go to desktop?

Did u try starting it in safe mode?

That's what I was thinking, then try to get pictures etc off before proceeding.

May be the hard drive is starting to take a dump as well. Could also be a bad stick of ram. Download memtest and run it on your computer, will have to be put on a CD or floppy depending what hardware you have.

http://www.memtest.org/

http://forum.notebookreview.com/notebook-dummy-guide-articles/142746-testing-your-ram-memtest86.html

There are a couple of things that you can try...

Have you tried to reset/update BIOS?

Doing some searching I found this:

You can hit the F8 key as it is first starting up and get into safe mode. From there you can get into "My Computer" and right click on the "c" select the tools tab and do a defrag and schedule a disk check - check both boxes in disk check - one says "check for errors" the other one say "attempt to repair"

Have you recently installed new hardware? Memory, video card, etc...? If so, try taking it out and putting the old stuff back in and see if you still get the error.

The easiest thing to do would be to do a rollback to the last known good configuration but if you can't even boot in safe mode you won't be able to do that.

Don't give up! I hate having other people fix my computer!

Archived