• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other possibilities for Lucas?

Mr. Scot

I'm not sure what you guys are smoking, but Lucas isn't going anywhere unless we are lucky enough to find a lock-down cornerback in the draft and I don't think that will happen...

You don't think a bridge has been burned?

Plus how are we going to get an additional 5-7 million of cap space to sign a free agent or two and our draft picks? (I'm assuming Peppers stays).

I'm not sure what you guys are smoking, but Lucas isn't going anywhere unless we are lucky enough to find a lock-down cornerback in the draft and I don't think that will happen...

true...even if we do trade peppers and get a 1st round pick we ain't gunna use it on a CB we'd use it on a DE....but somthin else to think about is we could use our 2nd rounder on a CB so we should just go ahead and trade lucas since he played like a rookie last year and we would free up some cap space

I know I know. But it's fun to make fun.

Ken "toast" Lucas is a liability

Yeah, just having fun, you know he's gonna still be here or they would have redone him for space...

You don't think a bridge has been burned?

Plus how are we going to get an additional 5-7 million of cap space to sign a free agent or two and our draft picks? (I'm assuming Peppers stays).

Let's just say it, they haven't and I don't think they will...

true...even if we do trade peppers and get a 1st round pick we ain't gunna use it on a CB we'd use it on a DE....but somthin else to think about is we could use our 2nd rounder on a CB so we should just go ahead and trade lucas since he played like a rookie last year and we would free up some cap space

And yet here he is. I can't see why people don't get this, the man is locked unless we buy a shut-down CB in the draft and it's not likely to happen. I know he's expensive, but he's signed and we haven't dealt him/released him renegotiated him...

I know I know. But it's fun to make fun.

Seriously...not poking....why is it fun? I will never get the mentality behind namecalling/smacktalking your own team's players outside of their doing criminal things, or taking advantage of people or something like that. And no I don't mean saying a guy isn't a good player or they had a bad season or a bad game...I mean personal type stuff or pejorative names. Yeah I know it's a board and people aren't talking TO the person but I don't get it. You sure didn't react well to being called a troll by someone.

Seriously...not poking....why is it fun? I will never get the mentality behind namecalling/smacktalking your own team's players outside of their doing criminal things, or taking advantage of people or something like that. And no I don't mean saying a guy isn't a good player or they had a bad season or a bad game...I mean personal type stuff or pejorative names. Yeah I know it's a board and people aren't talking TO the person but I don't get it. You sure didn't react well to being called a troll by someone.

He is getting old and getting burnt. I don't think any team will want him outside of those that he "won't go to".

I wish they had dealt him to Detroit. He blocked it. I believe at that point bridges were burnt and now he is subject to ridicule as far as I can see.

Just because he is on my team that does not make him a good player.

and as far as the "troll" comment. I really did not mind I just wanted to point out that london had no clue what he was talking about because he used the word incorrectly. Plus I don't get paid millions of dollars a year to do a good job for 16 games and give the fans of my team top production like he does.

If you're coming to my aid, don't bother, though thanks. CRolls and I get each other and neither is upset with what the other says. If you weren't, of course, carry on...

Just because he is on my team that does not make him a good player.

Yeah I get that, thinking everyone on your team is OMGZWTFBBQ THABESTESTEVA!!!! is homerism. It's why I made a distinction between critiquing a guy's play vs. namecalling in my original query.

and as far as the "troll" comment. I really did not mind I just wanted to point out that london had no clue what he was talking about because he used the word incorrectly. Plus I don't get paid millions of dollars a year to do a good job for 16 games and give the fans of my team top production like he does.

Well perhaps that is simply your posting style, but I got the impression you were a bit pissed/offended. If you were not, then I was incorrect.

Honestly, I don't think what a guy gets paid to do their job is reason to smacktalk them, but to each his own. The Lucas comment of yours in particular wasn't really the type of thing I was referring to anyway, but it made me think of asking about it.

Yeah I get that, thinking everyone on your team is OMGZWTFBBQ THABESTESTEVA!!!! is homerism. It's why I made a distinction between critiquing a guy's play vs. namecalling in my original query.

Well perhaps that is simply your posting style, but I got the impression you were a bit pissed/offended. If you were not, then I was incorrect.

Honestly, I don't think what a guy gets paid to do their job is reason to smacktalk them, but to each his own. The Lucas comment of yours in particular wasn't really the type of thing I was referring to anyway, but it made me think of asking about it.

fair enough.

I am never gonna get offended by anything I read on a message board and I will never try to offend anyone else.

And I have nothing personally against any Panther player...I just don't pull any punches and live by the "you're in the spotlight, deal with it" rule a little too liberally at times.

I would love nothing more than to see KL come back and play lights out, just like I would for Jake. I just don't have any faith that it can happen.

My posting style can be a bit childish at times so I admit that out here on the carpet but I really don't see the point of doing it at all if I constantly curb what my initial thoughts are in effort to sound more polished/refined/mature/vanilla.

How about Peppers and Lucas to the Phins for their first this year and next year...Its like giving them Lucas for FREE@!!!

But on a serious note..

Do it..

that would be fine with me. id trade the first next year for there second or maybe even there third this year....but maybe thats why im not the one making these decisions lol

Archived