• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's Everyone's Careers up in herree?

davos

I'm the office wench for a material handling company. Shelving, Pallet Rack, Mod offices, conveyors..all that fun warehouse stuff..

I do it all but payroll and taxes....a/r..a/p..process all the orders that come in..fun stuff, I tell ya!

My husband and I work together which actually is nice..when he's not out there selling all that fun warehouse stuff..he's here in the office to play with me

Quityerbitchin' and submit my RFQ.

Kurb needs a new career.

s/o thanks to the huddlers that have given me advise.

Working for the Government is NOT a resume builder..at least in what I was doing (farm environmental inspections)

Come to Charlotte and invent something or let's think of a good idea for a company.

I will do sales/mktg.

Financed by Huddlers.....actually, that might not be a very good idea

Chef

Currently working at a small place in rocky mount, we are number one according to trip advisor. Not getting paid what i want, but the freedom i get makes up for it.

Hoping that after this place is fully turned around and the economy is better, i can go somewhere and get paid

So ..................secretary?

runs...ok....walks fast away*

I don't have a problem with that title. For some reason people use it as a derogatory title and people get offended by it. Maybe I missed some cultural meaning behind the word.

I do AR, AP, taxes, payroll, HR, and approve all invoicing and purchase orders that go out the door. Sounds pretty secretarial to me. It's not rocket science in fact it's boring as hell but I get paid good money and my hours rock.

Chef

Currently working at a small place in rocky mount, we are number one according to trip advisor. Not getting paid what i want, but the freedom i get makes up for it.

Hoping that after this place is fully turned around and the economy is better, i can go somewhere and get paid

What's the name of the place you work?

So ..................secretary?

I don't have a problem with that title. For some reason people use it as a derogatory title and people get offended by it. Maybe I missed some cultural meaning behind the word.

I do AR, AP, taxes, payroll, HR, and approve all invoicing and purchase orders that go out the door. Sounds pretty secretarial to me. It's not rocket science in fact it's boring as hell but I get paid good money and my hours rock.

I hate it..imo, it's derogatory..maybe I'm just too sensitive..

You're right, it's not rocket science..but it makes me feel like people think I'm a fuging moron doing what I do...

on a side note...I'm going back to school in January..I would like to not be doing this in a year

I think some people use the word secretary as derogatory. I would think most people would prefer 'assistant'.

but i'm no one person's assistant...I help everyone..poo, if it weren't for me, half these idiot salesmen wouldn't know where poo was/is/ or will be..they're the morons who can't wipe their own ass ....my hubby excluded of course

Archived